• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Men's Wearhouse - the antichrist?

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For instance, Zimmer's a board member at the Institute of Noetic Sciences, a group that studies paranormal phenomena and was founded by Apollo astronaut and moon walker Edgar Mitchell. Zimmer describes IONS as seeking to know what can't be known from the five senses.

"Yeah, it's got a metaphysical notion about it," he admits. But, as one who has made a career out of straddling two worlds, Zimmer adds, "I've always liked physics "” and metaphysics."

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 1970's were good to me too, and I still enjoy the flashbacks.

Twotone

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This explains some of the ugly patterns on his ties.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went into Men's Wearhouse once, looking for a suit and shirts. The sales guy told me that I couldn't open up the shirts from their folded and pinned state to try it on - if I did I'd have to buy it. I was baffled by this policy, which surely he just made up on the spot, because I couldn't imagine it's a store-wide one. Anyway, I bought six shirts.

Not really. I walked out.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These anti-Men's Wearhouse screeds are becoming as tiresome as Men's Wearhouse. Honestly, can we stipulate that Men's Wearhouse sucks and move on?

This place is turning into Groundhog Day...

lordofpi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gorgekko

Phil! Hey, Phil! Phil Connors, I thought that was you! Now don't tell me you don't remember me, because I sure as heck-fi remember you!

Anyhow, to us, they suck. We all know it. For the general population, they provide a service, and make men feel comfortable about buying men's clothing, when they probably would otherwise just forgo the whole thing and go to Walmart.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to post that story to give him props for all the charity work for the zoo... figures SF would go the other way.

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gorgekko
These anti-Men's Wearhouse screeds are becoming as tiresome as Men's Wearhouse. Honestly, can we stipulate that Men's Wearhouse sucks and move on?

... just imaging someone posting a thread starting "I'm thinking of buying this black suit from Men's Warehouse ... "

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.