• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's wear/high end shoe stores in Dublin?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I am taking a trip to Dublin in January. Are there any good men's wear and high end shoe stores in Dublin that I should keep my eye open for? I'd like to dedicate at least a few hours of one day for a bit of shopping, as I will be otherwise booked with cultural sights and such.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll be there in September (assuming COVID restrictions allow). I'll be staying with friends into CM and will let you know what I find.

Boggis

Reaction score
My knowledge might be a bit out of date, but I think you might find it slim pickings, particularly for shoes.
Louis Copeland is probably the most well known independent men's clothing store, they do shoes as well but it's not a speciality. They're a 4 generation family run business and something of an institution.
Brown Thomas is the main high end department store, not sure what it's equivalent is to US stores, but if you know UK stores it's like a down market Harrods or an upmarket House of Fraser depending on your perspective. It's on the main shopping street in Dublin so it'll be convenient to visit.
Boylans shoes is an independent shoe shop not far from Brown Thomas, last time I was in the stock was quite limited with mainly the lower end of English GYW brands (Barker / Loake).

London is a short flight away so I suspect most residents interested in higher end stuff would just fly there.

Hopefully someone can chip in with more up to date local retail knowledge, but my hunch is that enjoying the cultural sights might be a better use of your time there.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be there in September (assuming COVID restrictions allow). I'll be staying with friends into CM and will let you know what I find.

Thanks! Please do so.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My knowledge might be a bit out of date, but I think you might find it slim pickings, particularly for shoes.
Louis Copeland is probably the most well known independent men's clothing store, they do shoes as well but it's not a speciality. They're a 4 generation family run business and something of an institution.
Brown Thomas is the main high end department store, not sure what it's equivalent is to US stores, but if you know UK stores it's like a down market Harrods or an upmarket House of Fraser depending on your perspective. It's on the main shopping street in Dublin so it'll be convenient to visit.
Boylans shoes is an independent shoe shop not far from Brown Thomas, last time I was in the stock was quite limited with mainly the lower end of English GYW brands (Barker / Loake).

London is a short flight away so I suspect most residents interested in higher end stuff would just fly there.

Hopefully someone can chip in with more up to date local retail knowledge, but my hunch is that enjoying the cultural sights might be a better use of your time there.

Thanks. I'll at least check out these places, even if it might only be somewhat mediocre.

ezev

Reaction score
Live in Dublin. There’s not much, most of what you’ll find is in city center near Grafton st. As mentioned, Louis and Copeland is the main menswear spot. Brown Thomas has a lot more street wear and has the high end luxury brands; they do have a Brunello, Zegna, and Eleventy section. There’s a Loake store across the street from Louis Copeland that could be worth a visit.

Get out of Dublin if you can, so much to see around the country if you have the time.
Edit: remembered a few more. Monaghan’s cashmere is really nice. Right next door is Magee. There’s a few spots scattered in that area where you can find good prices on Inis Meáin as well.

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score
I visited a while back (wow, like 20 yrs ago) but didn't spend much time shopping. I think my friends, locals, took me to a knitwear shop, which had very nice sweaters, scarves, etc. Iirc, the airport had a good selection of knitwear too, and I got a nice scarf there. Thrift stores in the UK and Europe often have nicely made vintage items.

Boggis

Reaction score
@JFWR curious to hear how you got on with your Dublin trip, was the shopping as underwhelming as we anticipated?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@JFWR curious to hear how you got on with your Dublin trip, was the shopping as underwhelming as we anticipated?

Oh, intensely.

Besides a knitwear shop where I picked up some scarves and such for gifts, the best store I saw was a JC Penney's and I went looking for a long while.

When a place advertises suits for 90 Euro, you know what you're going to get.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads