• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's Underwear

DocmanCC

Reaction score
Been lurking for about a week now and I still have nothing to contribute to the majority of threads here. I can, however, provide a link to a great blog I found about 6 months ago that approaches underwear reviews with a mature attitude, unlike many others. Men's Underwear Guy

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a brief with a decent-sized pouch? It seems like most brands (and I can't say I've strayed that far from Hanes/Jockey/Fruit of the Loom) decrease the pouch size in proportion to the waist size, which is awful.

Also, I'm looking for either a) a left-handed fly, b) a neutral (horizontal) fly, or c) no fly at all (not my preference, but probably easier to find than a or b).

TylerDurden

Reaction score
I like Under Armor boxer jock to work out in and lounge in. And recently bought some of Targets 2xist low rise briefs, there really comfortable but I wish they had less material in the rear.... Been buying mostly Fruit of the loom boxer briefs though lately, but by the end of the day there as baggy as boxers......

Im gonna go into a totally taboo subject here.....

But I seriously wanna try some womens underwear.... Yhea I'll get flamed for posting this...

Im not talking about lacy things, or thongs or anything like that.

Some of the cuts and fabrics seem like they would be more comfortable.. You have about a million different styles and colors to choose from.

I guess it stems from looking at mens briefs and being disappointed in cuts available. All the low rise stuff are basically all the same cut and uncomfortable fabrics and the other choice is thick cotton whitey tighties.

Don't think my girl friend would be cool with that though.....

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
I like Under Armor boxer jock to work out in and lounge in. And recently bought some of Targets 2xist low rise briefs, there really comfortable but I wish they had less material in the rear.... Been buying mostly Fruit of the loom boxer briefs though lately, but by the end of the day there as baggy as boxers...... Im gonna go into a totally taboo subject here..... But I seriously wanna try some womens underwear.... Yhea I'll get flamed for posting this... Im not talking about lacy things, or thongs or anything like that. Some of the cuts and fabrics seem like they would be more comfortable.. You have about a million different styles and colors to choose from. I guess it stems from looking at mens briefs and being disappointed in cuts available. All the low rise stuff are basically all the same cut and uncomfortable fabrics and the other choice is thick cotton whitey tighties. Don't think my girl friend would be cool with that though.....
Even though this place is opposed to Express, swing by there and pick up some of their sport trunks. BR also sells trunks, but I haven't tried them. They're extremely comfy, have good support, and don't bunch up or get loose.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Didn't read through the whole thread, but would like to add my two cents...

Gap low-rise boxer briefs are by far the best underwear I have had. I also buy the low rise briefs, which can look dangerously small but feel nice as well. They have extra room built in for your junk and fit and feel perfect.

I used to wear boxers but don't understand them anymore...they just bunch up.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it impossible to sag with boxer briefs. Although boxers bunch up a lot, theres a few that I own that are slim in the leg and dont have too much wiggle room so they dont bunch as much.

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Yeah, squarecuts (or 'trunks' as they're also known) are my favorite by far. They don't feel like I'm wearing shorts under my pants, and they don't run up to the tendons in my groin either. My favorite pair of underwear is probably Play Mini Mesh Briefs.
I feel like not everyone is making the distinction between boxer briefs and trunks. I wear [almost] exclusively trunks and only have a few pairs of boxer briefs, boxers, briefs. I'm really surprised no one has endorsed Emporio Armani trunks yet. Everyone is mentioning CK underwear. They're both sold in Macy's and Nordstrom and they're both marketed quite heavily. I have a few pair of each including the CK Steel ones, and I think the EA underwear is great. I have a few different pairs in different styles, including one that's 95% modal. Definitely the best stuff I have. That and Björn Borg. And yeah, I'll echo what another poster said and add that the most expensive pair of underwear I have is a pair made by Herion that's over double the cost of EA/CK/BB and I'm really not that impressed with them. It would seem quality tops out around the $20 threshold.

StarterStyle

Reaction score
I have some of the CK steel cotton and they're pilling like crazy. Very comfortable and soft, though, I just would have expected them to last longer for over $20 a pair.

Lazytiki

Reaction score
I am hearing lots of good things about the Target boxer briefs but we don't have Target in Canada. Is there anything comparable sold by Wal-Mart, The Bay, Sears etc?

JesterM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by axe
I love H&M boxer briefs... They're comfortable, durable and cheap.

And you can buy them with your favorite superhero on them. It's win-win!

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Colby Backous/MJK FTW. Stuff is pilling reasonably and I would prefer trunk-shape, but they're SO comfortable/soft.

Originally Posted by What's Underneath?
There is a new underwear brand from Montreal Canada called Dylan Ribkoff, it is the nicest most comfortable underwear that I've ever tried. They have young and fresh styles and colors as well as a great fit. I would suggest that everybody gives them a try, especially since they have a no cost return policy if you don't like them.

uhoh.gif

Murdoc

Reaction score
What? What the hell is going on there? I mean your forum name is your brands tag line, What's Underneath. Why'd you have to go and post like your some third party consumer?

Yeesh that's lame.

Anyway, I like Hilfigure classic boxer briefs n black, can't seem to find them locally at the moment though.

Maybe time to find something different, though I like "shortness" of these since they don't feel like regular boxer sized swimming trunks.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Can anyone recommend a brief with a decent-sized pouch? It seems like most brands (and I can't say I've strayed that far from Hanes/Jockey/Fruit of the Loom) decrease the pouch size in proportion to the waist size, which is awful.

Also, I'm looking for either a) a left-handed fly, b) a neutral (horizontal) fly, or c) no fly at all (not my preference, but probably easier to find than a or b).

you have to many rules.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I like women's underwear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads