1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Men's Underwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by why, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Made in California

Made in California Senior member

... People on this forum should know better than to make retarded blanket statements about how clothing affects your sexuality (it doesn't)
    Cause and effect are reversed: an item of clothing obviously can't make you gay. Jungle prints are worn in large part (over 90%?) by females so it's seen as a very girly pattern. Gay guys are on the whole more effeminate than straight guys (yes, I realize not all of them). If you wear a pattern that's seen as girly you're trying to go for a more effeminate look, which is fine. Wearing pink or purple is on the low end and probably won't make a large impression, and wearing jungle print would be on the far other end and seen as extremely effeminate and thus probably gay. Seems like a logical conclusion? It's just a cultural thing.. in a different time and place it might be reversed, much like colors have reversed (pink used to be masculine and light blue was feminine). It's sort of annoying that if someone refers to an item and says "this is gay" then it's the turn of the other person to get offended and say, "I've seen straight guys rock that!" Like, are there allowed to be items and styles associated with gay culture?

2. kinkbmxco

kinkbmxco Active Member

I used to get the boxer brief merona brand from target and they were okay. They were a little bit looser than I would like. Then I switched to the American Apparel brand boxer briefs. I like them alright but they do have a tendency to ride up. The quality on them isn't superb either. Also there is a thicker lining on the bottom opening of the leg so if you wear tighter jeans this will show through. Now I have recently switched to Under Armour Boxerjocks 6". I think these are great! Fit is very nice.

3. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

don't act like you wouldn't fingerfuck my shitbox
    D:
    What prints will make bitches think you are retarded? That's what I want.
    [​IMG]
    If you want to spite me, why don't you go buy a leopard print shirt, pants or boots?
    check, check ... haven't seen leopard boots yet tho.
    Cause and effect are reversed: an item of clothing obviously can't make you gay. Jungle prints are worn in large part (over 90%?) by females so it's seen as a very girly pattern. Gay guys are on the whole more effeminate than straight guys (yes, I realize not all of them).
    Tides are changing man. In a lot of parts of the world these types of prints aren't seen as gay at all (maybe effeminate, but androgyny and homosexuality aren't inextricably related). Animal prints and floral prints are becoming more and more common in fashion. This thinking that it has anything to do with homosexuality is mostly conservative left-over thinking. Gay people don't care if people think they are gay, so they wear it. Straight dudes don't want to be considered gay so they wouldn't dare wear it. These cultural stereotypes are on the way out. Mostly though, who cares if someone thinks you're gay? Not the end of the world. Any girl I'm interested in would find me hot the way I am, anyway. :\\ Anyway sorry for derailing.

1 person likes this.
  4. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

5. PantsManchester

PantsManchester New Member

Originally Posted by Jekyll Looking for trunks (not boxer briefs). Wore H&M for a while, but they didn't have any last time I was there. Any recs? If your after comfy trunks check out Lazzybum or, if your more daring, try Piss & Vinegar they both comfy and well made

6. tent

tent New Member

check out mypakage underwear at mypakage.com or our fan page on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/MyPakage/173906602653392

KEYHOLE COMFORT TECHNOLOGYâ„¢
    Our patented KeyHole Comfort Technologyâ„¢ creates the best and most comfortable underwear experience for men. The 3-dimensional internal pouch provides both unparalleled support and comfort. By cradling the male package, our KeyHole Comfort Technologyâ„¢ allows absolute freedom and eliminates the need for any shifting and adjusting.

THE FABRIC
    MyPakage garments use a special blend of Modal (93%) and Spandex (7%). This fabric is 50% more moisture absorbing than Cotton while still being incredibly breathable. By using some of the most progressive fabric combinations, your PKG underwear will never shrink and stay wrinkle-free. The other fabric advantages are its resistance to pilling due to friction and its ability to remain intrinsically soft.

7. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Bump.

I pretty much wear CK, Fruit of the Loom and Hanes from walmart.

8. mikkeman77

mikkeman77 New Member

9. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Some cotton underwear makes my butt itchy. I like the CK Steel boxer briefs that feel pretty much like underarmour if I'm wearing skinny jeans for a long time. I have some of those Target Merona boxers that are my boxer of choice when I go to sleep because those are the comfiest. If I know I'm going to be at home the whole day I usually wear those.

Then I have a bunch of Uniqlo... All my 'cute' underwear that I wear when I am trying to be cute to a girl are from there.

10. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

The HB I bought with no fly are awful. They are about half-the-size from what they initially were after just a few loads in the washing machine. Highly discourage anyone from buying these.

11. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Guys in Toronto or Canada for that matter. Where do you get your CK underwear? I only buy at the bay or sears when they have a sale on them as they are pretty expensive.

12. linarobert

linarobert New Member

For me, the most important thing while buying underwear is fitting and comfort. Sometimes, it happens that expensive designer underwear do not feel comfortable after wearing.

13. farallon7

farallon7 Member

I hear what you said. Well, in my case, I like different kinds of underwear and it all depends in how I feel that day, what kind of bottoms I am wearing and who is going to see them on besides me.

I used to hate boxers because they used to bunch up outside the pants and ride up the butt, however, there are several brands that are coming up with great ones. I do own a few pairs of low rise Jockey and American Eagle. They come is a wide range of color, they are low rise, the waist band is made with the same fabric all around and the elastic is not too tight, therefore, they do not leave those marks. Also, they have the perfect room for the goods and they are not too lose at the legs, but not too tight either and they look awesome. I even walk around the house wearing them.

As for briefs, Calvin Klein, 2Xist, Levi's, and Cin2. Brands like Fruit of the Loom and Hanes are just too cheaply made and it doesn't look like they put too much effort on designing them based on our actual bodies, but just to cover the private parts. Those are just not my choice. You can always get them on sale online. I love the fact that their pouches expand to accommodate the goods, give support and not constrain.

Boxer briefs are fine and I prefer Tommy Hilfiger athletic fit.

Bikinis, thongs or jock straps, are not my thing.

1 person likes this.
  14. tokyocean

tokyocean Senior member

By any chance, does anyone here know if Nordstrom Rack carries Calvin Klein underwear? I'd love to get some for a discounted price.

15. trvlr472

trvlr472 Senior member

I just stumbled upon this thread and have been LMA off at some of the posts and had to respond to this one.

As far as boxers are concerned a lot of it has to do with what you do for a living. If you drive for a living boxers suck. Can you say wedgie? As far as having a "desirable member" floppng around in there while you're walking around? I/d rather not be having sex while I'm walking down the street. If you're wearing tight pants, fine but if you're wearing loose pants and boxers it's a whole other ballgame.

Briefs for me, thank you. I like my junk kept in one place not flopping around like an out of control water hose. I don't wear tight pants. Besides, boxers seem to bunch up in all the wrong areas and I have to wonder just how comfortable they are in really tight jeans and I'd rather not walk around with an imprint of my shlong in what I'm wearing.

16. burtonwode

burtonwode Member

I'm new to this whole forum thing...but I set up a dedicated mens boxershort company two years ago to provide 100% cotton, Made in England product, often with unique prints. We make our product slim cut, with an extra fifth panel at the back to prevent "ride - up" but with gussets at the side to allow room for an "athletic" thigh (genuine sales speak!!). If your interested go to the site www.burtonwode.com . Or if you have any inquires just get in touch and I'll do my best to answer them.

17. farallon7

farallon7 Member

Hey Tokyocean, I have not seen Calvin Klein underwear in Nordstrom, but I know Macy's carried them and they often have a sale on going.

18. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

Uniqlo got some nice Supima briefs. Very comfortable. I usually wear their Airism but my schlong dong smacks around in many places. The briefs holds my package wonderful. They also don't ride or cause my inner thighs any irritation. Good quality too.

19. fischyyy

fischyyy Well-Known Member

I recommend Schiesser. The have styles from traditional to modern and the quality is great.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  20. burtonwode

burtonwode Member

Aahhh...Ze Germans. Make a good product indeed. I would say that there knitted product is up there with the best in the market. That goes for their shirts and stuff as well. As for the woven products...I don't think they are quite as good. I'm biased its true....but thats what I genuinely believe. For a top quality continental product, woven, I'd probably go Zimmerli - Sea Island Cotton ...but beware...not cheap!!