• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's Tall Riding Boots

Reaction score
I'm in need of advice on purchasing a pair of classy, functional, but mostly stylish Riding Boots. I've scoured Google Images and Pinterest, and found the following images that appeal to me immensely:

I believe these images to be of the same make/model of boot. The boots appear to be of a reasonably high quality leather, clearly able to take a nice shine. The tightness of the curves and stitching on the wings and cap would lead me to believe the construction is reasonably good, likely properly welted.

I found these on pinterest, tagged for a site that seems to be no longer up (www.equestyle.com). Can anyone identify these boots? Or point me in the direction of a similar pair?

My need is not really for riding. I really just need them urgently, to wear during a 30 second video clip I'm making about my wife, to appear well dressed as I spin her in a flowing dress on the veranda of a lavish mission-style house in the Carmel Highlands (it's my Grandmother's house, and she's selling it soon). Frivolous? Perhaps, but I'll never skip on nice shoes/boots. I'm ready to spend hundreds or $1000+ on the best.

Dundas

Reaction score
So ManOfCharacter, did you end up buying a pair of leather riding boots? Would love to see how you look in them.
d

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in need of advice on purchasing a pair of classy, functional, but mostly stylish Riding Boots. I've scoured Google Images and Pinterest, and found the following images that appeal to me immensely:

I believe these images to be of the same make/model of boot. The boots appear to be of a reasonably high quality leather, clearly able to take a nice shine. The tightness of the curves and stitching on the wings and cap would lead me to believe the construction is reasonably good, likely properly welted.

I found these on pinterest, tagged for a site that seems to be no longer up (www.equestyle.com). Can anyone identify these boots? Or point me in the direction of a similar pair?

My need is not really for riding. I really just need them urgently, to wear during a 30 second video clip I'm making about my wife, to appear well dressed as I spin her in a flowing dress on the veranda of a lavish mission-style house in the Carmel Highlands (it's my Grandmother's house, and she's selling it soon). Frivolous? Perhaps, but I'll never skip on nice shoes/boots. I'm ready to spend hundreds or $1000+ on the best.
I doubt $ 1000 would be the best

Reaction score
So ManOfCharacter, did you end up buying a pair of leather riding boots? Would love to see how you look in them.

I did indeed. I went with the Alberto Fasciani Dressage C5 in brown. Unfortunately I was too late to film the scene (described in my previous post) at the location I wanted, as the property sold quickly. I found a happy alternative at a local park.

"Justina, A Star and You (Demo)", on Rumble.com

You'll have to forgive the atrocious choice of trousers paired with the boots, I was in another time crunch and went with what I had. Certainly they could have been better. I made the same choice later when joining the wife in her maternity photos, but I suppose it could be worse.

IMG_4312.jpg
IMG_4365.jpg

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are mighty fine boots, but, my goodness, don't they cry out for a pair of cavalry twill jodhpurs?

RowanHilton

Reaction score
I did indeed. I went with the Alberto Fasciani Dressage C5 in brown. Unfortunately I was too late to film the scene (described in my previous post) at the location I wanted, as the property sold quickly. I found a happy alternative at a local park.

"Justina, A Star and You (Demo)", on Rumble.com

You'll have to forgive the atrocious choice of trousers paired with the boots, I was in another time crunch and went with what I had. Certainly they could have been better. I made the same choice later when joining the wife in her maternity photos, but I suppose it could be worse.

View attachment 1837279 View attachment 1837281
Beautiful boots. But more importantly, beautiful photographs of yourself and your wife. Great videography. I'd love to chat with you more about your interest in wearing riding boots as fashion and specifically in the video. Might you be willing to email me at [email protected]

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"a lavish mission-style house in the Carmel Highlands"
A picture of the house? I love that area.

Reaction score
"a lavish mission-style house in the Carmel Highlands"
A picture of the house? I love that area.

Here is the listing and the associated flyover video that the Realtor put together.

It's a bummer, the video would have taken place on the rear orange tile patio. I was going to move the table out of the way, I'd be running in from the dirt path that goes down the hill, while the camera follows my wife out the patio door and up the steps. It was intended to be one continuous shot, orbiting around her as she ran in slow motion. I'd be following the camera man so as to be out of the frame, until the second orbit where I'd take my place and run in. I didn't even get much of a chance to test that choreography so, maybe it wouldn't have worked. The patio is large but may not have been big enough to pace all of that movement.

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sobresalient !!

Video doesn't play

RowanHilton

Reaction score
ManOfCharacter, great video. So who is enthralled by the boots? Your beautiful wife or you? Either way, I have to give you credit for pulling off the look. And the running, in boots! I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the house and the setting.
Had you considered traditional Spanish
riding boots to go with the house? This is
what I saw in Ecuador when I lived there.
Also saw them in Andalucia

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads