• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mens swimwear advice

prowler13

Reaction score
Im stuck in a resort, and may need another pair of swimming trunks. For some reason I packed in a hurry and didnt bring enough. Basically there are only 2 options in the store....Orlear Brown, which I am familiar with - btw the price here is over retail at 330 € which Im not prepared to cash out, or MC2 Saint Barth. The latter I am not familiar with...they are about 130 €, so I was wondering are they on par with Vilbrequin for instance? Or has anybody had some experience with this brand? Not sure what to think, and the quality looks ok....but still, at that price it better be a higher quality brand.

P.s. I kindly ask the admin to move the topic if this is not the correct subforum. Also, if you could edit the typo in the header.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to sound harsh, but TBH I'm not sure how asking strangers on the Internet will help you here. Either you need the trunks or you don't. I assume you can't or don't want to leave the resort to find a cheaper option elsewhere.

If you need another pair of trunks, then get the cheaper pair since you've already said you are not prepared to pay an inflated price for OB trunks (I agree).

prowler13

Reaction score
Just asking if anybody heard about / worn one of these before. I need a pair, yes, but if this is some obscure/ unknown / low quality brand....then I might go out of my way and go into town and see what options there are. I consider this a topic about MC2 Saint Barths, and opinions on the brand if you will, not on my needs or current options. I only added this as a intro, but maybe that was foolish of me.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got it. Your original post made it sound like you only had the listed options available to you.

Personally I don't really care whether the brand is well known as long as the garment is well made. You have seen the trunks yourself so you can assess the quality and fabric for yourself. MC2 Saint Barth is not unknown but not on par with Vilebrequin or Orlebar Brown in terms of cachet, if that matters to you. On the other hand, at 130 Eur they are certainly less expensive than either of these brands at retail.

prowler13

Reaction score
The quality looks just ok, just wanted to know if its a reputable brand, and if they have something special about them....like the OB cut, or Vilbrequin fabrics/designs. At 130€ they are on the edge of luxury swimware so I thought I might aswell ask someone more in the know about them. And since Vilbrequin can be found for aprox 150 € and up, they are awfully close....OB are in diff ballpark alltogether.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.