• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

men's street fashion video (Bill Cunningham @NYT)

plotter

Reaction score
All those guys had shirt sleeves too long, too many buttons unbuttoned, ensembles that were optical illusions or were wayyyyyyyy tooo flashy. Most of those outfits are all fucked-up and unsartorial.

The only one worth mentioning was the black man in the country suit. Very well-done IMO.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree with Plotter's evaluation, for the most part... but that Bill Cunningham's enthusiasm and charm are spectacular. Wish I could podcast this, or at least subscribe to a Youtube feed, instead of having to try and catch it when it's on the times site.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by plotter
All those guys had shirt sleeves too long, too many buttons unbuttoned, .

I think they know that.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by plotter
All those guys had shirt sleeves too long, too many buttons unbuttoned, ensembles that were optical illusion or were wayyyyyyyy tooo flashy. Most of those outfits, for the most part, are all fucked-up and unsartorial.

The only one worth mentioning was the black man in the country suit. Very well-done IMO.

couldn't have said it better myself.

As a younger guy, I also liked the guy with the extreme taper and slim shoes, but the fat tie completely killed it.

plotter

Reaction score
My rules.

Symmetry
Sartorialism
Understatement

coogie

Reaction score
thanks for vid

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Bill Cunningham is awesome! The narration was so full of enthusiasm and I thought the photos he picked were great to look at even if you don't agree with the style. I was reading an article about him recently, I think it was NY Times or NY Mag, and it talked about how "pure" he was about clothes. He never gets wrapped up in the trappings of the brands or the wealth or the pretension but instead lives like an acetic, simply loving his work and working his hardest. He really loves clothes!

It's interesting to try and draw relationships between him and Scott Schuman (the Sartorialist) as well. I think despite having similar methods and stalking grounds, they have pretty distinct styles and results.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wasnt this posted a while back? its like deja vu!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
wasnt this posted a while back? its like deja vu!

You are right.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 255 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.7%