• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's Skin Care

sailor mike

Reaction score
I use a totally pure organic natural moisturizer, in fact I believe that the skin is best treated with nutrition like the rest of the organs of the body. If you are ok with putting chemicals inside your body then skin care products with chemical ingredients may be fine. For me I preder to always work toward optimal health from the inside out. So I use only the purest most natural skin care products that are high in anti oxidants. I get excellent results, healthy skin looks younger and is clear. Most of the skin care products out on the market actually do more harm than good. I stay away from sunscreen, if you have healthy skin with plenty of nutrition and ant oxidants being applied, you don't get burned in the sun, of coarse you have to take resonable precaution. The sun offers natural vitamin D that we all need. Consider working toward optimal skin health through nutrition inside and out and you'll have the best looking skin. The natural pure chimical free skin care products I use are fabulous with excellent results.

ben39

Reaction score
Sleep well, eat well, keep active, save your money. I use Dr. Bronner's soaps and that's about it.

Prince

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevinchamp
It is very important that the no matter what skin type you have, to clean your face every day. Deep cleansing is important. It keeps pores clear, skin healthy and you looking good. Exfoliation is the step most people skip in their weekly skincare routine. But trust me, if you start properly exfoliating your skin, you will notice an almost immediate difference.

This. Finding what skin type you have is important, as well as addressing your specific problems. Then just try out some brands and eventually you'll find the perfect combo. I've been caring for my skin actively for well over 10 years and after trying many brands, I've finally found my perfect routine. In the morning it is Shisheido, in the evening a natural based brand called Neoderma. Add to that a weekly tea tree mask and that's it for me.

There are many good brands out there, but that doesn't mean that they are all good for you. The brandname and the price don't mean nothing. For instance, although I believe that Clinique and Biotherm are good brands, they don't work for me. Clarins is good, but only works to a certain extent. Shisheido is just perfect for me.

gregor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Working Stiff
Whenever I get really blackout drunk, my skin breaks out for a few days afterwards. Advice?
I don't get blackout drunk too often but when I get pretty drunk my skin used to break out afterwards. I wasn't drinking enough water and since the alcohol dehydrates you, my skin got very oily and broke out a ton. Drink a **** load of water after you drink the night of and the morning. When you feel like you have had enough water, drink more.

tommyrt

Reaction score
Regarding finding the right skincare,

I was impressed, during my time in Hong Kong, I went into SaSa (think Sephora) and struck up a conversation with the shop assistant about there being so many choices and not knowing my skin type. They sat me down next to some sort of microscopic camera that displayed (surreal) images of my skin magnified. She then gave me a brief verbal analysis of what I am seeing and recommended some options of cleansers and moisturizers, depending on what time of climate I will be living in. (e.g. HK is extremely humid thus lighter moisturizers, while many parts of the US are a lot drier requiring a heavier moisturizer)

isaacjames

Reaction score
I have read your stuff. It is an interesting and helpful description. I am really appreciated for your valuable description. I always wash my face by standard face pack gel in that gel there is include Aloevera, Honey, Neem and so on.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What should I use to wash my face?

Iconic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
What should I use to wash my face?

I'm looking for a new skin cleanser as well. I have combo, sensitive skin. Suggestions?

Sadajali

Reaction score
I'm wondering what are some great skin care product for men. First off though, I'm in my late 20's and only get acne every so often, so I'm not interested in products for the teenage set like Neutrogena or Clearasil. I do have acne scars from my puberty days and also have pretty large pores so any tips on what to buy and how to use them would be great.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is like "reading" the first 25 pages of a Fall GQ magazine.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sadajali
I'm wondering what are some great skin care product for men. First off though, I'm in my late 20's and only get acne every so often, so I'm not interested in products for the teenage set like Neutrogena or Clearasil. I do have acne scars from my puberty days and also have pretty large pores so any tips on what to buy and how to use them would be great.

mario badescu.

Pinhas

Reaction score
Anyone uses Lab Series for Men? I use thier face wash and its great, my face is clean and very smooth to the touch.

Thinking of trying thier body wash as well.

NoStyle14

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sailor mike
I use a totally pure organic natural moisturizer, in fact I believe that the skin is best treated with nutrition like the rest of the organs of the body. If you are ok with putting chemicals inside your body then skin care products with chemical ingredients may be fine. For me I preder to always work toward optimal health from the inside out. So I use only the purest most natural skin care products that are high in anti oxidants. I get excellent results, healthy skin looks younger and is clear. Most of the skin care products out on the market actually do more harm than good. I stay away from sunscreen, if you have healthy skin with plenty of nutrition and ant oxidants being applied, you don't get burned in the sun, of coarse you have to take resonable precaution. The sun offers natural vitamin D that we all need. Consider working toward optimal skin health through nutrition inside and out and you'll have the best looking skin. The natural pure chimical free skin care products I use are fabulous with excellent results.

This is nice but I disagree with the sunscreen. The sun is very bad for you skin. Wearing a sunscreen will keep your skin from being damaged. Obviosuly you wont see the signs of sun damage until you are into your 30s but consider the sun a major carcinogen.

canadafaf

Reaction score
I would spend a lot of time popping pimples, and now you can see where the pimples were. How do I make sure that people can't see where the old pimples are?

(I'm sorry if that doesn't make any sense)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads