• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's Scarves, Ascots & Neckerchiefs - photos, discussion, inspiration

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another video on how to tie a scarf

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A video on how to tie a scarf from A Suitable Wardrobe

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

thebunk

Reaction score
Great thread PSG. Once again you prove how you are such a great asset to this fourm. Cheers.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thebunk
Great thread PSG. Once again you prove how you are such a great asset to this fourm. Cheers.

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
usscarfguy.png

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
I thought to post some things from A Suitable Wardrobe but pocketsquareguy had already done the work for me. Thank you PSG!

I was glad to Will since you have some excellent examples on your blog.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the current style provides a touch of distinguished elegance to the male wardrobe, it is undeniable that it does not rank very highly on the comfort scale. For best effect, and to provide the warmth for which they were designed, scarves should wrap the neck snugly. With his personal and creative way of tying his scarf, my friend Kane managed to mix form and function with extreme flair.

The easiest way to explain how to do what I christened "˜the Kane knot' is as follows: hold one end of the scarf on your chest and twist its length around your neck once so that the back of your neck is covered twice and the other end of the scarf lies on your chest again but at the opposite end where you started; in front of the neck, cross one of the extremities of the scarf over the neck and insert the other extremity through the loop created. As one picture is worth a thousand words, the photographs attached should adroitly illustrate the process leading to this stylish way of wearing scarves.

With spring in full bloom and with thinner scarves still needed to face temperate weather, this is one tasteful way for men about town to step out into the world. As for my friend Kane, I look forward to more visits and sharing more style tips.

photo.jpg

untitled2.jpg

untitled.jpg

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
there was a really nice tom ford houndstooth scarf posted in B&S a while back, maybe i'll dig a picture out unrelated but still cool...
tomfordraven.jpg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of the colorful scarves available for spring from Barney's this year

PG_500841603_TH.jpg
PG_500841627_TH.jpg
PG_500841657_TH.jpg
PG_500841691_TH.jpg
PG_500953038_TH.jpg
PG_501073464_TH.jpg
PG_501107811_TH.jpg
PG_501216611_TH.jpg

HHD

Reaction score
Thanks for posting all this, there are some super looks there!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads