Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Men's Scarves, Ascots & Neckerchiefs - photos, discussion, inspiration

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GusW, Apr 2, 2011.

1. RHS2362

RHS2362 Member

I used to live in Lubbock, Texas, where the wind blows. I learned to wrap the scarf around my neck where the 2 ends were in my back, usually tucked inside my coat. It would keep my neck warm and could pull it over my nose if need be. A scarf can be a functional piece out in west Texas.

West Texas isn't for everyone, but it gets in your blood and for people who can handle themselves.

2. starro

starro Senior member

RE: silk day cravats (aka ascots).

How do you guys keep them clean when they're right on your neck? I only have cotton day cravats for ease of cleaning. I mean, I get that silk gives a "luxurious" feel on the neck, but doesn't a day's wear necessitate a thorough wash?

3. lawschooldropout

lawschooldropout Senior member

I know this isn't right on topic, but is there any sort of guide to tying/folding/wearing scarves? I was traveling through Italy recently and some damn cool scarf wrapping that I haven't the slightest idea how to replicate (and I'm familiar with most of the standard methods).

4. milesdavisjr

milesdavisjr Well-Known Member

I'm. Going to a very hot country and would love to have neckscarf any ideas?

5. lawschooldropout

lawschooldropout Senior member

Does anyone have recommendations for linen/cotton blend (or something similarly light/soft) scarves? Thanks in advance.

6. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I bought some very light linen/ cotton and modal blend scarves from Drakes a while ago. For warm weather stick with light and dusty colors with loose weave fabrics.

7. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

I have linen blend ones from Drakes. Also one from Bottega. Drakes makes a wide range and they are more readily available from a number of vendors.

8. robxznyc

robxznyc Senior member

@lawschooldropout Roda and Mosaique are two Italian accessory brands I like. Both offer great summer weight scarves. The former is known for luxury textiles and patterns, and the latter uses vibrant colors and prints. I'm selling this new with tags cotton/silk scarf from Mosaique.
    [​IMG]

9. Master Squirrel

Master Squirrel Senior member

Trying out an ascot. Planning to wear one to a function this Friday.

[​IMG]

10. Master Squirrel

Master Squirrel Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

A little better photos. Navy blue double breasted jacket, white cotton shirt, five dollar ascot, hat by J.Crew.