• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's Scarves, Ascots & Neckerchiefs - photos, discussion, inspiration

worth

Reaction score
I found this image of Kenneth More portraying Douglas Bader in the 1956 film "Reach for the Sky".

Does anyone have any info on how to tie the scarf in this manner? The videos that Pocketsquareguy posted in the thread initially don't seem to work for me anymore, so i'm not sure if it was described there or not.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is this Liverano & Liverano? There was a similar scarf posted on The Armoury, I'd like to know how they tied it.

tumblr_lcu0luumK01qbcjkvo1_500.jpg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I found this image of Kenneth More portraying Douglas Bader in the 1956 film "Reach for the Sky".

Does anyone have any info on how to tie the scarf in this manner? The videos that Pocketsquareguy posted in the thread initially don't seem to work for me anymore, so i'm not sure if it was described there or not.

It looks like a simple wrap over and under.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ File that under 'ridiculous, but I wish more people made the effort' and 'wish I had the balls'.

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, if the coat was navy or charcoal (or even a deep burgundy) it wouldn't be a very loud outfit and the scarf would pop.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
I think I like the coat, but not with the scarf. The scarf is too much at odds with the jacket IMO and takes away from the impact of either piece. I also think the gloves look stupid and not sure about Belgians with this look, though that all might be off topic.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
To my eye it looks like it belongs on a wall or couch... not a person.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
I'm struggling with the mustard-y undertones of the color. I think it would be more pleasing if the base color was closer to camel. That said I think it would be a cool jacket to pair with raw denim and a white OCBD.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I watched with great admiration the beautiful scarves this thread ... but I want to show you a really unique and special. It is a wool vintage printed still hand many years ago. With this you can also have a truly bespoke scarf. To me this crazy fantasy for the beauty of the design and quality of the printed fabric still in hand.

milesdavisjr

Reaction score

Guys

I bought this today at Hawes and Curtis in London

I intend to wear it tomorrow with work suit. The question is should I fold it around the neck or leave it hang?

Which options do I have with or without tie?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I intend to wear it tomorrow with work suit. The question is should I fold it around the neck or leave it hang?

Which options do I have with or without tie?

The scarf is a bit on the formal side so I would suggest following the first and second examples as shown in this video.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 69 36.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 72 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 19 9.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 33 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads