• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Men's necklaces

lawandorder360

Reaction score
I might get flamed for asking this, but oh well, just asking

Does anyone know of any designer men's jewelers, somewhat well-known or well-regarded? I'm looking for a discreet pendant necklace, preferably silver or white gold. If anyone knows of good designers or stores, let me know!

I've already checked gucci (like their leather pendant but their site isnt working for me), david yurman, and Tiffany.

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

JRinDC

Reaction score
There's a jeweler here in DC called IGorman that carries men's jewelery from some German designers. They're pretty minimalist but quite intersting.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Catholic Church in particular used to make a really meaningful and tasteful little pendant to be worn on a chain. Made for a really nice discrete necklace ( if the pendant is not too big!). Either Gold or Silver is fine.

I think they call it a crucifix.

Here's an example:

http://www.catholiccompany.com/produ...il.cfm?ID=9974

BTW: I wasn't being sarcastic (perhaps a little too flip), but I think a Crucifix, if not too big is a really nice "Necklace". Of course Religion and beliefs come into play, but I have a feeling that those that do wear them, wear them with pride.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
The Catholic Church in particular used to make a really meaningful and tasteful little pendant to be worn on a chain. Made for a really nice discrete necklace ( if the pendant is not too big!). Either Gold or Silver is fine.

I think they call it a crucifix.

Here's an example:

http://www.catholiccompany.com/produ...il.cfm?ID=9974

BTW: I wasn't being sarcastic (perhaps a little too flip), but I think a Crucifix, if not too big is a really nice "Necklace". Of course Religion and beliefs come into play, but I have a feeling that those that do wear them, wear them with pride.

They're great for irony's sake, when they fall onto the exposed skin of the woman of loose morals in your bed.

Tom

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think a crucifix looks great on a chain. I'm a Catholic, but not practicing or very religious in general, so I don't feel justified wearing one.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always put men's necklaces into the same mental category as wifebeaters.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Funny you mention that Edward. When I do wear my cross, I usually wear it with one of my wifebeaters. They are colored, stylish wifebeaters though.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
They're great for irony's sake, when they fall onto the exposed skin of the woman of loose morals in your bed.

Tom

At which point it either gets burned in to your skin or explodes?

dave777

Reaction score

Need help I'm new to this forum !! I was recently looking at this chain it's 14 k yellow gold ! But I forgot to ask what the front of the chain was exactly lol ? Would it be white gold ? Or platinum??? Honestly have no clue ! Thanks in advance

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Etsy?

There are one or two on there who supply solid silver chains, I have three, wrist, ankle and neck.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 131 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 246 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.7%