• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's High Top Sneakers

Handlethevibe

Reaction score
berbl_large.jpg

2384519450_0f01be123f.jpg

DAS WSUP

kstanl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I politely disagree. I favour hi-top sneakers and love how the strapless Lanvin look, especially when doing the potentially ridiculous pant tuck. Most colourways are indeed, way too flashy but the all black ones are perfect IMHO. What did you think of their use in the last outfit I posted (see WAYWT thread)?

I agree. They can look pretty over the top but the black ones actually looked very cool and understated in your waywt.

Nonn8tive

Reaction score
I like common projects just like a lot of other ppl on this board, but I think the new hi tops from wings & horns are really nice.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I politely disagree. I favour hi-top sneakers and love how the strapless Lanvin look, especially when doing the potentially ridiculous pant tuck. Most colourways are indeed, way too flashy but the all black ones are perfect IMHO. What did you think of their use in the last outfit I posted (see WAYWT thread)?
as i said on SZ, i think your take on them looks fine. Then again, you seem to be wearing them more like a boot, maybe the silhouette of the all black has that effect...and it's hard to go wrong with all black anyway. But pretty much every other pic i've seen posted of someone wearing the high tops doesn't look stylish; it looks like someone deliberately trying to look fashionable. I hate "fashion" looks...not in the sense of people wearing fashion labels, but you can sort of catch my drift....

Brian SD

Reaction score
The Lanvin hi's are the bapesta equivalent for the hipster crowd. I've seen them look good once, and that was in Fuuma's fit, because of the fact that they're all black. But in complete honesty, I think the patent leather shell toe still wouldn't sit right in person.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^
That's on some early 90s MJ ****...

Originally Posted by Brian SD
The Lanvin hi's are the bapesta equivalent for the hipster crowd.

peepwall[1].gif

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
at0001silmru0.jpg

WTF?

those are the Ato sneakers Kanye West wears all the time. I'll just say, one probably needs a personality as big as Kanye to pull those off properly.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I just remembered that I have the gold Dior Homme hightops.

Anyone want them?

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No offense to you SoCal, but personally I think Dior Homme sneakers are effing ugly...close to reaching Prada Sport levels. Their sneakers from Strip and VotC were good, as were the military style boots the brand did before that in collections like Red and Follow Me. Ever since S/S 05 Converse rip offs, they have totally jumped the shark.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
No offense to you SoCal, but personally I think Dior Homme sneakers are effing ugly...close to reaching Prada Sport levels. Their sneakers from Strip and VotC were good, as were the military style boots the brand did before that in collections like Red and Follow Me. Ever since S/S 05 Converse rip offs, they have totally jumped the shark.

Hey I won't lie...I was living in LA, the store just opened and the sales guy was HOT.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads