• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Others may have seen this, but I just saw that Vanda Fine Clothing is now selling Panamas. Looks nice

tumblr_b99e071b3309712138dd38c0b041d8f7_8c414411_1280.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me find a hat rack suitable for my many fedoras. Does anyone know of such a product? TIA
All my cupboards are lifted out with Elfa from The Container Store. This usually requires a high horizontal stripes from which everything hangs. I thus have a high shelf and just sit all my hats on there. You don’t have to use Elfa but there’s often a lot of ‘lost’ space high up above hanging bars where you could fit a shelf that stays relatively dust free too!

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All my cupboards are lifted out with Elfa from The Container Store. This usually requires a high horizontal stripes from which everything hangs. I thus have a high shelf and just sit all my hats on there. You don’t have to use Elfa but there’s often a lot of ‘lost’ space high up above hanging bars where you could fit a shelf that stays relatively dust free too!
Can you please share a picture?

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my current state, I have 5 fedoras and 4 panamas. Right now I have all the fedoras in their boxes on shelves. The panamas are sitting out on a closet shelf similar to the photos above. At Summer's end, those will get boxed and fedoras unboxed. I still like to keep my hats crown down and off season i like them crown down in their box so they don't accumulate dust. But, I'm out of room. I would just be careful if you're looking at any solution where you're hanging the hat long term. Short term, no issues. But long term I would expect you could get some stretching you might not like.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have always taken the advice to store hats crown down. The one's I am wearing frequently, go on hooks on the back of the door. The others are stored in their boxes, crown down. I have kept the round piece of cardboard that came with the boxes, so that pressure is kept off the crowns. My understand is that keeping hats brim down can lead to misshaping of the brims. Hats and their boxes take up a lot of space and mine are just stacked in one corner of the room. No marks for style on that count! Best wishes, Munky.

KotaB

Reaction score
Bought this pretty cheap off my local facebook marketplace. Lady said it was her grandfather's church hat and she didnt know anything else about it. It felt nice and didnt have any holes in it so I bought it. Im gona have Shorties Hattery in OKC do a restore on it. Should be a fun project. A fellow on fedoralounge said its probably a 60s or 70s. What do you fellas think?
20201017_195030.jpg
20201017_195051.jpg
20201017_195038.jpg
20201017_195045.jpg
20201017_195100.jpg
20201017_194812.jpg
20201017_200356.jpg

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The one thing I know for sure about dress hats is that I vastly prefer a soft headband. Grosgrain silk any day over stiff leather.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks great! How do you like it? I think his work is awesome.
Yes, he did a very nice job! He had a sale right after I got this hat :confused2:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads