• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But why havent you worn it out yet? It is definitely summer straw weather
Right now I'm working from home and I haven't had an excuse to go anywhere the last couple days. It'll get out there though :)

TheVestedInt

Reaction score
The "Apollonia" by Goorin Bros. I'm a Prince fan so, this was an easy choice for me.
2N7A1478modified.jpg

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a hat box for my Optimo. Didn’t have one and it was making me nervous. Can’t wait to break this out . I’d like a straw and brown. Why did men give up on hats? They are practical. Love mine
AB740078-9DB9-4A90-A2DC-A925D11E1170.jpeg

suitedcboy

Reaction score
Those of you that have changed your bands, are you leaving them loose on the hat after the change or are you throwing a few stitches on it to hold it in place?

I have stitched mine. I am no expert but I first make sure that the new band is where I want it and then I go from inside though the band with the matched color thread and then pass it back through as close as I can through the same spot so as to have the least "footprint" on the band and then snug the thread just a little and knot it. I do this in 4 places off to either side of front and back. I think the expert hatters can do this and only catch the back of ribbon so it is invisible. My handiwork is hardly noticeable and much better than the Stetson hats I have seen in the last few years. I place hats on the crown upside down and if not sewn they can and do often fall off. I have replaced a few sweatbands and had to re-do my sewing a couple of times on each I did to get the hang of it and the ribbons were sewn back on I was happy with the sweatband attachment. I like challenges and did some saddle repairs and have sewn on buttons so I figured hats were not more than I could do.

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score
The first one. I’ll call it burgundy. I just like it more than the bright red.

I concur; I prefer darker reds and I think that the brighter red is more distinct and conspicuous in a way that would lead it to clash with more colors than the burgundy.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes i agree but i think burgundy is a dark and closed color for summer, red is more preppy
Nothing wrong with bright colors - you just have to be more cautious in pairing it with the rest of your outfit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads