• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions...

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
Picked up a Mayser Torino.

mayser.JPG

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
Thank you, Sir.

Captain O

Reaction score
I just returned from Tijuana last Monday morning. It was beautiful and I wore my Stetson 'Retro' Panama Every day I walked the streets.
The food was outstanding and my room at the Hotel Aqua Rio was as well. (I picked up two pairs of shoes at a Zapataria just off Revolution Avenue for $20.00 per pair).
I hated to leave.

Last edited:

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been in contact with Cody Wellema of Wellema Hat Co. about having a hat made. I’ve always wanted a good hat and I think what we’re working on is going to be something special:

Navy mink fedora with navy trim
Raw edge
Center crease
4 1/2”-4 3/4” crown
2 3/4”-3” brim (I’m leaving the ball in his court as to what he thinks would look best, most elegant and timeless without looking costumey)

I don’t know if anyone here has had any experience with Wellema, but I have been admiring his work on Instagram and decided to take the plunge and email him about an order. Sizing online will be my biggest concern but I can’t be the first person to try to size a hat online. I’m sure we can figure it out

madhat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been in contact with Cody Wellema of Wellema Hat Co. about having a hat made. I’ve always wanted a good hat and I think what we’re working on is going to be something special:

Navy mink fedora with navy trim
Raw edge
Center crease
4 1/2”-4 3/4” crown
2 3/4”-3” brim (I’m leaving the ball in his court as to what he thinks would look best, most elegant and timeless without looking costumey)

I don’t know if anyone here has had any experience with Wellema, but I have been admiring his work on Instagram and decided to take the plunge and email him about an order. Sizing online will be my biggest concern but I can’t be the first person to try to size a hat online. I’m sure we can figure it out
I would recommend going to a hat shop to get an idea of fit. I measured myself, then ordered an off the rack hat before ordering a custom. It was a good move; I had the right hat size but needed a more oval block than generally available off the rack.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walked into JJ for the first time in months. I wanted to try on a hat they had on clearance online. I thought my size was all out but these ran small and so (un)fortunately for me, the one they had left was a perfect fit.

Van's fitting my new band over the weekend. It's a navy fedora with an ace deuce tres pinch and I'm going to wear the brim flat.

Attachments

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.