• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's Clothing online

Reaction score
Hey Guys, if you are going to buy online, what are your favorite sites to shop?

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kewl!!!! Tag Team
spam[1].gif
!

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FIHTies
Kewl!!!! Tag Team
spam[1].gif
!

Yes, but the difference is that only 50% of your posts are shameless spam.
laugh.gif

On a serious note, this guy is among my favorite online merchants.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc237
Yes, but the difference is that only 50% of your posts are shameless spam.
laugh.gif

On a serious note, this guy is among my favorite online merchants.

Hey!!!...Thats not fair. There was another comment here that I said this on...What happened to it???

Besides, its NOT TRUE, that 50% of mine are spam... More like 80%.
devil.gif
devil.gif
Heck... a guys gotta make a living ya know...

Reaction score
That is another thing entirely, but I will comment on it. I think that spamming is bad when it comes from someone who doesn't use the site for anything more than once a week or once a day to basically drop the same ad in a paticular forum, website or whatever. FIHTies like he said needs to make a living but also has a keen interest in the forum, so I don't consider his posts as spam. I honestly want to know where people shop for clothes online since clothes shopping is very intriguing for e-commerce. What I mean is that people usually want to see the object or try it on, so I was just wondering what online source makes up for the lack in "window shopping"?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think that having a generous returns policy is crucial. STP and Zappos, for example, have basically built their business around the knowledge that when buying online, some things just aren't going to fit. Some merchants seem to understand that people who return a lot (like me) are probably also buying a lot. If you can't return as much or as easily, you buy less.

In other words, there's no real substitute for window shopping. Successful online merchants therefore let you windowshop from home, after the box arrives.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by propertyofalady
That is another thing entirely, but I will comment on it. I think that spamming is bad when it comes from someone who doesn't use the site for anything more than once a week or once a day to basically drop the same ad in a paticular forum, website or whatever. FIHTies like he said needs to make a living but also has a keen interest in the forum, so I don't consider his posts as spam. I honestly want to know where people shop for clothes online since clothes shopping is very intriguing for e-commerce. What I mean is that people usually want to see the object or try it on, so I was just wondering what online source makes up for the lack in "window shopping"?

Well, part of why I recommend Jonathon is that you get the best of both worlds. His polciy allows you to examine the goods at no risk and to keep what wows you and return that which does not. It is a no risk policy and is effective because I find that the merchandise is even more impressive in person.

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
I think that having a generous returns policy is crucial
agreed. as a merchant i don't like stuff coming back b/c it means it didn't sell, but it is part of the biz. i have several who buy a lot but return a lot. it's a bummer to get returns, but i figure they wouldn't buy any if they couldn't return for a refund.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
STP. They are the only vendor I've come across that combines keen prices with an unbeatable guarantee that takes all the worry out of online ordering. I think Zappos would be as good, but they won't ship to Australia.

I've had a few horror experiences on eBay, and I'm never going back.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
umm ive realized a lot of stuff i buy i end up buying over the phoen
cuz ill see seomthing i like and try to get it
i kno thats not the samething as buying online
but ill see soemthing i like online and then go hunt it down
but a lot of things i like buyiing are from varvatos so you can say i go his website and look at the current collection and then call em and they send me the crap i want and if i dont like it ill send it back and theyll charge me for whatever i keep

so saying that
i think if you like something online and they have real store maybe if you can get them to send you a consignment its the best way to go

muelleran

Reaction score
Since I joined the Style Forum I have ordered from:

Herring
Charles Tyrwhitt
Jermin Shirts
Hiltditch & Key
Sierra Trading Post
Bromleys

My experience with them is pretty good so far. I learned about them mostly in the forum and read about the member's experiences, then I compare prices and ongoing sales and decide where I'll order.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i have purchased, and had good experiences doing so, with:
plal
stp
ben silver
zappos (for sneakers)
elite forum on ebay
shopkanvas on ebay

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics