• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mens Casual or Dress Pant with Boot Leg Cut - Is this Impossible to find?

LAFJ33

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas for me... I am searching for a pair of designer casual or semi-dress pants that have a boot leg cut at the hemline and are not narrow at the bottom. They can be fitted or narrow through the hips and thigh but I need a boot cut hemline. They do not need to be a wide flair but at least 10 inches at the hemline. I would prefer a nice natural fiber or something very hip and artisitc casual. I really don't care about the price, I just want to find something other than denim. A pant that could be worn in a dressy situation but also a casual situation, something hip or trendsetter that a person in their mid 20's would wear. I have tried everywhere on line and everything seems to have the narrow hemline which I understand is in style right now, but I need something with a boot leg cut at the hemline. A similar style in a jean that I like is the 7 for all mankind jean - Tripster Flare Leg in Dark Geneva -

http://www.designsbystephene.com/pd-...ark-geneva.cfm

If I could find a pant that fitted like the above jean, it would be perfect. I ordered the 7 for all mankind brown jean, but unfortunately, it was narrow at the hemline too. If you have any suggestions... Please let me know... Thanks for any help you can offer! LAFJ

enthuesd

Reaction score
This doesn't exactly fit your request, but I saw "boot cut" on some casual/dress pants at Banana Republic last night.

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LAFJ33
Does anyone have any ideas for me... I am searching for a pair of designer casual or semi-dress pants that have a boot leg cut at the hemline and are not narrow at the bottom. They can be fitted or narrow through the hips and thigh but I need a boot cut hemline. They do not need to be a wide flair but at least 10 inches at the hemline. I would prefer a nice natural fiber or something very hip and artisitc casual. I really don't care about the price, I just want to find something other than denim. A pant that could be worn in a dressy situation but also a casual situation, something hip or trendsetter that a person in their mid 20's would wear. I have tried everywhere on line and everything seems to have the narrow hemline which I understand is in style right now, but I need something with a boot leg cut at the hemline. A similar style in a jean that I like is the 7 for all mankind jean - Tripster Flare Leg in Dark Geneva -

http://www.designsbystephene.com/pd-...ark-geneva.cfm

If I could find a pant that fitted like the above jean, it would be perfect. I ordered the 7 for all mankind brown jean, but unfortunately, it was narrow at the hemline too. If you have any suggestions... Please let me know... Thanks for any help you can offer! LAFJ

What is your size?

I have a pair of NWT Gucci corduroy jeans style pants fits your description - flare/boot cut. The color is cream/off white. Size is 52 (EU) which is 36 (us). - I have to double check the size.

LAFJ33

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.... I need either a size 32 or 33 or 34 depending on the brand. I have the 7 for all mankind jeans - tripster style in a size 32 and they fit great. The hemline needs to be at least 10 to 11 inches and should be wider than the width at the knee or calf. I am also wanting a dark color like black, brown, gray, dark green, or possibly navy. I need to order online preferably where I can return them if they don't fit. If I find a pair I like, I would most likely order them in all 3 sizes above and then return the ones that don't fit. Thanks for your help and hopefully I will find something soon.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.... I need either a size 32 or 33 or 34 depending on the brand. I have the 7 for all mankind jeans - tripster style in a size 32 and they fit great. The hemline needs to be at least 10 to 11 inches and should be wider than the width at the knee or calf. I am also wanting a dark color like black, brown, gray, dark green, or possibly navy. I need to order online preferably where I can return them if they don't fit. If I find a pair I like, I would most likely order them in all 3 sizes above and then return the ones that don't fit. Thanks for your help and hopefully I will find something soon.

Rubinacci will do them for you.

LAFJ33

Reaction score
"Rubinacci will do them for you." - Can you explain? - ?

LAFJ33

Reaction score
I googled it and I gotcha now.... I can get Rubinacci do taylor make them, got it, it could work... I will research that a bit more. Thanks!

AB01

Reaction score
I got a pair of boot cut dressy trousers today at Urban Outfitters. Half-off sale too. First item I ever purchased there.

They are nicely slim fitting with a bootcut. I don't like bootcut, but I have to get them shortened anyways, so that should take care of that.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
John Varvatos tweed pants in boot cut and many more.

LAFJ33

Reaction score
I love John Varvatos stuff, but where can you get the tweed pants with the boot cut? I have checked at several stores like Neimans, Saks, etc, but none have any J Varvatos pants with boot cut legs.... If you can let me know where I can find those, that would be great! Thanks!

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Morgan
I think what you're looking for are Bonobos pants.

Try http://www.bonobos.com/

I was about to post that
biggrin.gif

LAFJ33

Reaction score
I really like the Bonobos Store and their pants!!!! Wow, thanks so much! Hopefully they will be long enough. These pants seem perfect! You have made my day! I plan to order several pair. The fabric and style is great and I love the fit! Thanks again Zenny & Morgan and everyone else for all of your ideas! This forum is great!

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the Bonobos Store and their pants!!!! Wow, thanks so much! Hopefully they will be long enough. These pants seem perfect! You have made my day! I plan to order several pair. The fabric and style is great and I love the fit! Thanks again Zenny & Morgan and everyone else for all of your ideas! This forum is great!

Alot of people on this forum seem to dislike their pants, bootcut is not all that popular here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads