• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's bags

PCabrelli

Reaction score
What are the big no-no's with men's bags? I like the cut of a lot of leather bags but they look a bit girly - any recommends? Would like an italian brand....

Paolo
-------
http://gentrystyle.com

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would also like some input on this thread. Maybe someone like rach2jlc can comment.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
PCabrelli,

It really just depends what style you are looking for and how much you have to spend. Italian brands put out everything from simple, understated elegance (Valextra, for example) to distressed/washed styled leathers (Aristolasia, for example). There are also all the fashion brands in there, too, if you lean that way (Balenciaga and YSL have put out some interesting bags in the past few seasons). Nevertheless, all of these will be $1000+.

But, overall, I think we've had fifteen man bag discussions in the past month, so I'd advise using the search function.

amiestilo

Reaction score
Interesting observations rach2jlc. Glad I clicked on this.
To the OP, I personally do not like to see a gentleman carrying a bag so small it can be confused with a purse, but to each his own. I do however see the need to carry a bag occasionally, although I haven't found one I like. Plenty of threads on this, it's true.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads