• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men Bags

smk

Reaction score
I've been looking for a daily bag to carry small items I would usually carry around in my hands and stuff my pockets when without a bag.(wallet, keys, notebook, phone, pen, sometimes netbook...etc.)

Problem is, I'm either finding a bag too big(looks like luggage), or ones that look gay(no offense).
I'm looking for something i can easily reach in and out of for my stuff. Solely functionally speaking, a tote would be perfect...i can just throw in stuff i need and get them out easy(preferably no flaps like a messenger bag)

I would also like the bag to be fairly versatile which I would look good with clothes I wear everyday(mostly casual). Also, I don't want too big of a bag..it would defeat the whole purpose, as I'm just looking for something functional and makes my life easy(and a big bag wouldnt).

Does such a bag exist? HELP me..What is acceptable or not?
Any suggestions would be nice.
Thanks.

Some like these look ok to me...but my gf is telling me these def look gay.
http://us.asos.com/ASOS-Designer-Clo...cHBlci9Qcm9kLw..

http://www.shop.belstaff.com/index.p...rmCatID/22636/

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this one from Ralph Lauren. It works with just about any casual or semi dressy look.

pPOLO2-8223177_lifestyle_v360x480.jpg

smk

Reaction score
does everyone agree the style of bags posted by other posters look good?
any cheaper ones?

smk

Reaction score
ok actually ive changed the criteria for the bag.
size doesn't really matter but id like it to be lightweight and have no rigid shape(like a computer bag or briefcase and the like)
Ive found one I like: Belstaff 556.
Does anyone know the quality on these?
Other recommendations like this one would be helpful too.
THanks

VelvetGreen

Reaction score

Jkhan82

Reaction score
I use this one. I love it. Boxer Leather Flap Messenger
pKCP-4642303v383x392.jpg
Its clean, simple and durable. KC also gives a life time warranty on the leather. I agree both those bags look a little questionable... at-least in the states. lol Especially something called "LITTLE SISSIE BAG"

Chris Waffles

Reaction score
I use the Belstaff 554 messenger bag (link below) and I really like it--the quality is great and there is just enough room to fit a 15" laptop and a few small items. It might be too casual and big for what you are looking for, but then again it might not. I would stick to canvas or leather, though, to avoid the "girly-bag" label.

http://www.lineafashion.com/store/pr...ducts_id=10545

Lawfor

Reaction score
Re: Belstaff bag. I bought one about a year ago as I really like the design and aesthetic of it. However, once it arrived I was very disappointed with build quality. It gives the appearance of being somewhat like a very broken in Filson-type bag but I found the canvas pretty thin, with no shape holding, and even the strap keepers which were made to look as if they were riveted on, were sewn on and looked like they could tear easily. IMO, it is more of a fashion bag. If you intend to carry it frequently and it will see heavy use, I would doubt it will hold up. I returned mine. Your mileage may vary.

Lawfor

Reaction score
BTW, there is an excellent on-going thread for "man bags" if you do a search. You will find more suggestions at all price points than you could reasonably digest in one sitting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads