• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Memories

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I played basketball in middle school and baseball in high school. Sure, I played baseball in middle school too, but this memory is about middle school basketball and high school baseball.

In middle school basketball, before each game, our coach would have us lie on the locker room floor, close our eyes, and listen to the hardest fucking gangster rap he could think of. The kind with raping and killing. We'd come to, outwardly calm, inwardly berserk. And the game would start.

In high school baseball, we would arrive at the field anywhere between 2:45 and 3:30. We would shit around in the dugout, eating sunflower seeds, comparing cleats. There was time on the field, sure, but we never knew exactly how that was decided. We were mildly surprised when the game started.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cool story.

My memories of schoolboy sports involve concussions and projectile vomiting.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wound up in the hospital from playing youth football after a kid came up from underneath me and hit me in the chin, popping me up in the air and leaving me on my back. I was fine, but, since the paramedics were already there because another kid on my team had just broken his collarbone and my hit involved my neck, they decided to take me in just to be safe.

When I was playing Pop Warner ball the other team tried to pick a fight with us in the parking lot after the game. It was broken up before things really got going, which was a good thing given we later found out it was a planned thing, and the other team had apparently brought armed reinforcements.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Man, I had some of the most inept, loserific, asshole coaches ever.

Soccer. Guy started his son at center, and when he kicked off, he did so like it was football.

We sucked.

Baseball. Coach procrastinated at filling out his paperwork so we played in the older group: a bunch of 5th graders playing against 6th/7th graders. We sucked. Oh, and the guy was a cop with a chip on his shoulder.

I don't think I ever again went out for a team sport after that. I only picked up basketball on the streets, and running is pretty well it for me.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.