• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Memorable meals

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Have never made my own sausage… to do it right, you really need a dedicated grinder and stuffer, yes?

edit: other than breakfast sausage patties, but thats like cheating.

Some people have the Kitchen Aide grinding attachment and tell me it's acceptable. I've got a 1hp grinder from Cabala's. It'll tear through 10# of cubed meat in 3-4 minutes and yields a nice clean grind, no smearing or mush. I've also seen pics of people running the grind right into casings off the Kitchen Aide, but I can't see how that would yield a good product. After the grind you want to put the paddle attachment onto your mixer and activate the myosin so the meat takes on a sticky texture.

So, yeah, I'm saying dedicated equipment if you want a quality product.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the all metal kitchen aid attachment. It works well for small batches but cant imagine processing anything more than a couple pounds with it

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1752314

November 2020, homemade venison sausage from a doe I harvested. I roasted serrano peppers, added them with other spices and a little pork fat. Roasted on skewers over well-seasoned hickory.
I'm questioning a lot here with the supposed IT admin of the site doing such manual things and living in what appears to be some sort of cave dwelling.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I'm questioning a lot here with the supposed IT admin of the site doing such manual things and living in what appears to be some sort of cave dwelling.
I’m a walking anachronism.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently I remember a great meal I had which was from my first trip to Germany with my now wife. I flew into Frankfurt and had to take the train to Dortmund where I would meet her and her grandparents. She flew over a week before me so I was traveling alone without knowing any German. I have directions of what to do in the airport to pick up bags then how to make it to the train station. This went smoothly. Next was the error of getting off the fast train early then having to figure out how to buy another ticket at a deserted train station to make it the next leg. Anyway, I made it to Dortmund then found a cab to get me to the house.

We then head to lunch where my wife's grandparents loved to take people. Her grandfather, who has since passed, loved sitting at a big table so the 4 of us sat at a table for 8-10. He then ordered a bottle of champagne as his wife frowned upon his consumption but not when celebrating. I did not know anything he said, as he refused to speak english, but he was the type of story teller that would start a story, then speed up the wording as he went along, then finish with a laugh. This happened all through lunch. I remember having pork schnitzel and fries with mayo until my stomach could have exploded. Then came dessert in this big martini looking glass and there is a picture where my wife's grandfather is staring down his glass like a kid in a candy store.

I think we are going back next year. Hopefully there is a bigger table as the family has grown!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was so ******* expensive but free for me because I won a bet and my friends had to pay. France was playing Germany in the Euros and France ended up winning.
I was in Paris eating at a 3 Michelin Star restaurant while France and Germany were playing in the Euro Semis back in like 2016. The whole restaurant went nuts when France won. The waiter told my friends and I that this was the first time France ever beat Germany in the Euros. The Champs Elysees was nuts afterwards. Meal was great because it was free for me for winning a Champions League Final bet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads