1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Member's Only jacket

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by streetfighter, Apr 2, 2007.

1. streetfighter

streetfighter Well-Known Member

Are Member's Only jackets back? What do you guys think of them?

2. modagg

modagg Senior member

Are Member's Only jackets back? What do you guys think of them?

im pretty sure u would be the only "member".

3. yerfdog

yerfdog Senior member

joke has been done in movie Shallow Hal

have seen a resurgence of Members Only type jackets, but they may alreayd be on the way back out...

4. ethirtynine

ethirtynine Senior member

i wear them. i got a black and a grey one. only seen younger people wearing them tho

5. Max

Max Senior member

The leather ones are doable.

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

It can work as long as you don't wear it soley for ironic purposes complete with mustache.

7. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Senior member

It can work as long as you don't wear it soley for ironic purposes complete with mustache.

damn.

[​IMG]

i have been seeing them alot at the salvation army which means they are probably on the way back out (if they are sitting on the racks in any numbers that usually means all the cool kids have stopped hunting them). but for $2 i pick them up all the time.

i have 2 maroon (one with the atari logo painted on the shoulders) a couple black ones (2 are knockoffs), grey, navy and white/cream.

and in black or maroon leather they make a kickass jacket for sure.

1 person likes this.
  8. tomtraubert

tomtraubert Well-Known Member

i have a vintage leather one that was made in korea. i've had it for years; sometimes i wear it all week, and sometimes it's in the closet for months. if you find one you like, you shouldn't concern yourself with such silly things as the opinions of others. my $.02 is that non-black leather is best. vintage is probably the way to go. if it's not "in" then you should find a good deal on ebay.

9. j

j Senior member Admin

I used to wear a maroon one on occasion. But all the arms are too short for me, which I found annoying. It wasn't supposed to be ironic, it was supposed to be a lightweight jacket.

But I've moved on to Harrington style jackets instead, they avoid the annoying hipster association problem.

10. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I have a 44L vintage one on the salvation army stack as we speak. I used to wear these things all the time as a kid, mostly white and maroon. I think they are very cool and wish the one I have fit me.

11. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

My grandpa has been rocking his gray and burgundy members only jackets since I was born, my grandpas pretty cool but I have no desire to dress like him.. yet..

I remember they got 'popular' again a year or two ago and faded into obscurity soon there after..

12. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

You should only wear Members Only jackets with those fold-up flea market "Carrera" sunglasses that you carry in a little zippered pouch.

13. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

What's a Member's Only jacket? Is it a brand name, a style, or both?

14. Max

Max Senior member

What's a Member's Only jacket? Is it a brand name, a style, or both?
    Member's Only is a famous maker of nylon jackets in the "cafe racer" style. The brand is sort of synonymous with the style at this point, like Polo and tennis shirts (better known as polo shirts)

15. ruben

ruben Senior member

A couple years ago they were popular, they must be out now though my local salvation army has 1000 of them.

16. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

That picture made my day, cultpop. Perfect response.

17. Doctor Damage

Doctor Damage Well-Known Member

Canadians who want one of these jackets, presumably for nostalgia or hipster purposes, will be interested to learn the jackets will be available in Sears this fall (email below received this morning).

-------------------------------------------

We are selling the jackets to SEARS CA. They will be available in September.

Bill Boyd
    Vice President

MEMBERS ONLY/ nml international inc.
    205 West 39th Street, 7th floor
    New York, NY 10018
    Tel: 212.938.1387

http://www.membersonlyoriginal.com
    http://www.facebook.com/membersonlystyle