1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Members Only Clothing Label?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NoMansLand, Feb 1, 2013.

assuming the clothing is attractive, would you be interested in joining this members only clothing c

1. yes

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. no

23 vote(s)
    88.5%
  1. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

so you ask what people think and because no one jumped on your jock re this stupid idea, you get bent outta shape. it's a doooosche idea.

2. NoMansLand

NoMansLand Member

you know everything about everything but couldn't tell anything to anybody. If all this thread accomplished was polarizing my audience I'm cool with that. You have given me no reason to believe you even know what you're talking about.

3. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

Australian is a race now?

4. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Damm-----OP getting served in this thread(and poll!)

5. NoMansLand

NoMansLand Member

TER1413, you have spent the last 3 years of your life posting nonstop on this website. OVER 11,000 TIMES! You're just a sour blogger. I was looking for a response and I got it. You think I have been "served", when in reality I got exactly what I was looking for. Stay in your dark room and keep blogging bro.

6. NoMansLand

NoMansLand Member

Judging by all your posts about high fashion and all these bullshit brands that your trying to show off to other fashion bloggers, I would say you are just as elitist as anybody else, which I would argue is not a bad thing. Anybody who ever accomplished anything worth talking about had elitist tendencies. If you went to college, you are probably elitist.

What are you doing on the streetwear thread anyway? You dig on CDiem and CCP boots. If that's "street" than Australian is actually a race. And you call me a "tard"? I am a mixture of numerous ACTUAL ethnicities, like most Americans. So go ahead. Proceed with the hate, ya sour patch kid.

7. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Ok..Your idea is shitty!!

8. Lamoff

Lamoff Member

lol this is good thread..

But every company that ever sells anything wants their products to sell...if you want the unique exclusivity, you just need to jump from brand to brand..

9. superego

superego Senior member

you've gotta be kidding, right?

aside from being a more supreme version of supreme, what exactly would you be hoping to achieve to the brand? also, unless you're funding this thing from your trust fund, I can think of no surer way of losing money than starting a fashion label which allows only a select set of people to buy it.

you need to vet your ideas before sharing them with others. no one here is going to hand you a viable business concept.

this shit's fresh as fuck though:
    [​IMG]

10. sti1zkin

sti1zkin Well-Known Member

Your idea already exists and is being done in a far less impractical way.

If you want an exclusive streetwear brand you set prices high and be selective about the shops that sell the brand.

11. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I thought TOJ jackets were how Styleforum members fashion-cruise for each other in Barnes and Noble.

Maybe instead of an exclusive subway sandwich loyalty inspired clothing line, we can all wear signet rings or have a secret handshake instead.

1 person likes this.
  12. chris blake

chris blake New Member

Actually this idea has been done before and was very successful. Some German company called von rosen did this back in 09 and his concept was invitation only to even view his clothes on his site. The clothes were crazy expensive and he limited his sales to like 1000 people a year. The idea was extremely popular and needless to say hes now a millionaire. This was his very 1st clothing line and nobody even knew who he was or what his clothes looked like...the concept alone sold his clothes. People were just dying to wear something nobody else could get. So shame on all of you for trying to shoot down this man's idea

13. chris blake

chris blake New Member

Actually this idea has been done before and was very successful. Some German company called von rosen did this back in 09 and his concept was invitation only to even view his clothes on his site. The clothes were crazy expensive and he limited his sales to like 1000 people a year. The idea was extremely popular and needless to say hes now a millionaire. This was his very 1st clothing line and nobody even knew who he was or what his clothes looked like...the concept alone sold his clothes. People were just dying to wear something nobody else could get. So shame on all of you for trying to shoot down this man's idea

14. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

in the past, when only a few places online carried Acronym (Firmament Berlin comes to mind) Acronym's online catalog needed a password to get into... similar concept and it worked well in 2008/2009ish to build up massive amounts of hype.

15. CounselorStyle

CounselorStyle Well-Known Member

+1

I had one of those back in the 90s. It was GLORIOUS.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  16. doublebb

doublebb Well-Known Member

OP, just because someone has posted on a forum for three years does not make them a "sour blogger". You wanted opinions and you got just that. Just because you don't like the responses, gives you no right to act like a pompous ass.

In response to your question, there are plenty of small clothing companies that produce unique products already. If you're simply seeking clothing to be unique, perhaps high fashion's exclusivity would be more up your alley. This mentality of "I did it when it was cool, before everyone else" is pretty shitty. Your style should be your own regardless of wtf everyone else is doing/thinks.

17. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

very glad that this thread is back

2 people like this.
  18. CounselorStyle

CounselorStyle Well-Known Member

By the way, isn't this exactly how high fashion works in the real world? Step One: Design clothes. Step Two: Set prices for clothes absurdly high. Step Three: give items away to your friends and family (not to mention any celebrities you want to cozy up to) for free or at cost.

Last edited: May 20, 2013