1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Member Kickstarter and other fundraisers.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Anastasiaflo

Anastasiaflo New Member

Hi guys,

I absolutely love when guys are wearing really cool statement socks.
    So I decided to create a collection of awesome socks.

Check it out here: http://kck.st/1gmtnTi

I would also appreciate your support and feedbacks.

--
    Anastasia

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. buttonsnthreads

buttonsnthreads Active Member

Hi All,
    Buttons 'n' Threads is introducing the world's finest dress shirts through a crowd-funding campaign. Here is a preview link: http://bit.ly/crwdfund

The shirts we are planning on bringing to market start at $129, however there will be an early bird special price on the crowd-funding platform, so do sign up to get notified.
    If you have a look at the quality details you will notice that very few retailers offer such superior construction and fabrics. The few that do are priced over $300, namely brands such as Charvet and Fray.

It would be great to get you all to support our project and in return we will offer you the finest shirts at a price that is affordable.
    Hoping to have you back us and support this project.
    -Buttons 'n' Threads: making luxury affordable

3. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Interesting, although I think that you will face stiff competition, particularly in the online area, from established companies such as Charles Tyrwhitt, TM Lewin and (on a smaller scale) Harvie and Hudson.

They sound as though they could be decent value in Australia, as shirts from bricks-and-mortar premises in Australia are, in the main, horribly overpriced.

4. buttonsnthreads

Indeed we will face competition from more established companies. However the companies that you have mentioned offer much lower priced shirts that do not reflect the quality of shirts that we are planning on bringing to market. We have modelled our shirts to compete with companies such as Charvet, Turnbull & Asser, Fray etc.
    These shirts are of extremely high quality as the details outline on our landing page.
    We would even go so far to say that if you can find another shirt of better quality at this price point we would offer it for free.
    Essentially we want to create a market where men appreciate the quality of the shirts and have the opportunity to experience fine clothing without having to pay a significant amount of money.
    -Buttons 'n' Threads: making luxury affordable

5. buttonsnthreads

Hi All,
    We had asked for your feedback earlier prior to the launch of our crowd funding campaign.
    We tried to incorporate a lot of the feedback that we received.
    We just launched our campaign on Indiegogo and would love to have you guys take a look.
    If you do like our product and the idea we would love to have you support us.
    Our shirts just got reviewed by Justin from The Fine Young Gentleman and this is what he had to say, "Perhaps the finest online custom shirts I have ever seen"

Would love you guys to help out by pre ordering or even just sharing with your friends and family.

You can visit the campaign here

Thank you once again for all the support.

6. Saigonesque

Saigonesque Active Member

$130 (or even the discount price of $99) is a lot to ask for an unproven shirt. For that much or less, I can already get a shirt that I know is quality from Huge & Crye, Kent Wang, Brooks Brothers, etc etc etc. What makes you product inherently superior to the numerous other shirts at this price point? Even Luxire offers MOP buttons.

7. Saigonesque

Saigonesque Active Member

On second thought, after reading AFYG's review, I think I'm sold. This looks like a very interesting product offered: I look forward to hearing of your success.

8. buttonsnthreads

Thank you very much Saigonesque.
    We have been researching on dress shirts for quite some time before arriving at this particular product and quality. You can trust that we do everything we can to uphold the quality that we claim to offer.

Thank you for the kind words though.

Yashas

9. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

This is a bit tangential to the forum, but I'm trying to spread the word about a friend's Kickstarter for handmade ceramic pendant necklaces and earrings: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/logicalhue/logical-hue-ceramic-jewelry

Everything is made by hand in Philadelphia, PA. It's around 30% funded right now with about three weeks to go. All rewards should be in backers' hands in plenty of time for the holidays.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. You can also post comments and questions directly on the project page.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  10. parker1439

parker1439 New Member

For a young professional coming out of college what kind of wallet would you prefer? the sleek style of a machine stitch or the more rugged looking, robust stitching of a saddle stitch. The reason I am asking is my friend and I are creating a wallet for Kickstarter, and we felt it was better for us to ask men interested in style, rather than just guess for ourselves. any information you can give would really help!

11. GBR

GBR Senior member

It is quality that matters not such fripperies as how it is made. Machine stitch is likely to be stronger and is used by many of those making high quality items such as Launer.

12. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

Exactly. Materials are the first things I consider followed by construction. Hand vs machine welt is subjective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Kira

Kira Senior member

Slim, good stitching, and quality leather.

14. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

More information, please.

15. Seamless

Seamless Senior member

Yes please, more information.

16. pallan

pallan Member

I'll try to make a summary of what we did with this project.

We've been watch fanatics for years, and it all centered around 2 separate ideas:

The first was to incorporate technical features we were most interested in (double barrel movement, 904L steel, viton gaskets, etc. etc.), which are generally only available in very expensive watches; into an affordable piece (around 500 usd). We are also further upgrading the movement (upgraded stem, rotor, regulator, and lubrication) and taking it through an extra layer of quality control.

The second part of the concept was to integrate this into our design that draws from our favourite elements of the classic 1950s and 60s dive watches. No more oversized, gaudy watches. Our design has beveled edges, lug holes, pointed crown guards, and so on. Our colour options provide the sun-bleached look that dive watches tend to get after years of use. We also include 2 straps and the bracelet, which are easy to switch between.

The main change we will be making before production, will be the logo on the dial. We're entertaining the idea of using the same "shield" logo that's used on the case back.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  17. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

All looks good so far. Nice information on your Kickstarter page, too, but I wanted to see more here on the forum, not just a pic and a link.

What movement are you using in this watch? Not sure if I missed this on your page or not.

1 person likes this.
  18. pallan

pallan Member

The movement is a double barrel Liaocheng movement with a 3 day power reserve, with the complications removed so that it becomes a 3-hand centre second time-only movement. We then will be upgrading the stem, rotor, and regulator. Afterwards, it will be lubricated during the watch assembly process (in Switzerland) and go through a second layer of quality control.

19. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Excellent, excellent. Looks/sounds good. Welcome to the forum, btw. Best of luck to you :)