• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Melker Shoes - Norwegian-front boots

TimelessRider

Reaction score
melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_construction_00_sm.jpg

melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_construction_01_sm.jpg

melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_construction_02_sm.jpg

melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_construction_03_sm.jpg

melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_construction_04_sm.jpg

melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_construction_05_sm.jpg

melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_construction_06_sm.jpg

melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_construction_07_sm.jpg

melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_construction_08_sm.jpg

melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_01_sm.jpg

melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_02_sm.jpg

melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_03_sm.jpg

melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_04_sm.jpg

melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_06_sm.jpg

melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_07_sm.jpg

melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_08_sm.jpg

melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_09_sm.jpg

The lake stitching is very nicely and neatly done, however given the style of the boot I would have preferred a longer stitch length such that each little square ends up being bigger.
melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_10_sm.jpg

Not sure if the image below is clear enough to anyone but a shoemaker, but there's a slight aesthetic difference in the way the apron is stitched by Edward Green, and the way Janne specified it. Apparently EG sews it from the inside of the lake towards the sides, whereas in the custom boot, it is sewn from the outside in.
melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_11_sm.jpg

melker_bespoke_norwegianboots_brown_13_sm.jpg

TimelessRider

Reaction score
Fit/Comfort: Excellent all round but one adjustment will be required to give the toes on my left foot some more room. Given that there were no fittings involved, the fit is fantastic.

Elegance: These boots were never intended to be particularly elegant. In fact, the leather was supposed to be much heavier as were the sole and the welt. The last is quite a bit wider than my other shoes and I'd hesitate to order a dress-shoe on this last without somehow making it sleeker. Nonetheless, I think the overall effect for this style of boot is quite nice, and I have other boot ideas that would work well.

Workmanship/Quality: To my eye there is no difference in the workmanship of these boots compared to other makers I've tried. The finish, however, seems somewhat bland compared to, say, Edward Green antiquing, but I didn't exactly request anything special in that area.

Earthmover

Reaction score
I sure do love a nicely bevelled waist...

Swededude

Reaction score
What's the price on those shoes/shoes made by him in general? I live like 40-50 miles from him, never heard of his business until I discovered this forum. Would be nice to support him if I could afford it.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forget what the price is in SEK but in USD for a pair of shoes (not boots) it comes out to around $1800.

Very nice. I'm jealous that you received yours so soon.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's one beautiful pair of boots, especially the waist.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know what I like more the shoes or the shoe trees.

TimelessRider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Swededude
What's the price on those shoes/shoes made by him in general? I live like 40-50 miles from him, never heard of his business until I discovered this forum. Would be nice to support him if I could afford it.
His bespoke shoes cost SEK18,750 (which includes the 25% Swedish VAT - it's SEK15,000 for those outside of the EEC). I believe he also has a ready-to-wear line made on stock lasts which are less expensive.

Swededude

Reaction score
That's a bit steep for me to justify now, but who knows in the future.

Edit: And of course, congratulations for your shoes, they look fantastic!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great stuff thanks for posting

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads