1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Melbourne Aus, Members - Genae opinions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by appolyon, Jun 3, 2009.

1. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

Just wanted to know if any of the members in Melbourne have any experience with Genae?

Was in there today, and they have some nice pea coats, jackets and knits at reasonable prices. They are also manufactured locally.

Website is here: http://www.genae.com.au/ though all they have is a listing for the boxing day sale...

2. aKula

aKula Senior member

First time I've heard of the place. Will definitely have a look sometime.

3. Stylepending

Stylepending New Member

Is that the store the sells versace (apparently the only one in melbourne now)? Or the store next to it?

4. misterjase

misterjase Senior member

Genae is next to Aquila. Aquila is next to store that has Versace.

5. fox81

fox81 Senior member

I've bought some t shirts and things from there before. also a shirt, now that i think about it. theyve all been good quality and i still wear them.

they do a series of markdowns during sale season, so you can stalk the items you like until they come down in price

6. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

I've bought some t shirts and things from there before. also a shirt, now that i think about it. theyve all been good quality and i still wear them.

they do a series of markdowns during sale season, so you can stalk the items you like until they come down in price

Good to hear that the stuff is quality, and that they do the occasional sale, but I need a casual jacket, as most of my wardrobe investment of late has been on the professional side. Lets see how good my negotiation skills are!

On a side note, and this is a stretch, anyone happen to know where in Melbourne their stuff gets made?

7. fox81

fox81 Senior member

no idea, i didnt even know they were made in melbourne.

anyway, i havent bought any suits/jackets from them, so im not going to presume theyre fully canvassed or whatever other benchmarks there are for quality.

8. bhall41

bhall41 Senior member

Haven't heard of them either. Thanks for the heads up.

9. Composer_1777

Composer_1777 Senior member

What's boxing day again, its been a while since i've been in Au?

10. ned kelly

ned kelly Active Member

Boxing Day is December 26th.

11. yoshii

yoshii Senior member

Came across Genae last year when looking for a coat and was also told it was locally made, however the one coat they had didn't fit me very nicely. Not sure what the quality is like though.