• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

melatonin

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
is there any danger in taking it?

the woman turned me on to taking one 2 hours before bed and I have to say it absolutely knocks me on ******.

moontime

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrGoodBytes
is there any danger in taking it?

the woman turned me on to taking one 2 hours before bed and I have to say it absolutely knocks me on ******.

Are you sure she didnt give you a roofie? Maybe she needed to knock you out to extract your ***** for a blackmail type objective??

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took it once and woke up in the middle of the night with confusion. I had the same thing happen the night after without taking it again.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
interested in this. have taken both zinc and valerium extract before bed with mixed success.

valerium works well but i dont want to rely on it too much.

Zinc works well if i get to sleep within 15 minutes or so but any longer and i wake up again and cant get to sleep for hours (not sure if this is a placebo effect as ive read about it in other people).

always have trouble sleeipng as i finish weightlifting workout 2 hours or so before bed and my CNS is always fired up (physically exhausted but mind racing)

ChiliPalmer

Reaction score
is there any danger in taking it? the woman turned me on to taking one 2 hours before bed and I have to say it absolutely knocks me on ******.
The only side effect I have is really, REALLY weird dreams. If I don't alot sufficent time for sleep (7+ hours, minimum), if feel very groggy the following day.

normanorient

Reaction score
Melatonin-rich rice plant as feed, to reach girls ingested has been shown to bind to melatonin receptors in their brains.Melatonin a hormone found naturally in the body. Melatonin used as a drug is created synthetically laboratory.Melatonin usually a natural sleep-inducing agent. Because daylight reduces melatonin production, melatonin blood levels of generally higher at night and during the day are low.

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
The only side effect I have is really, REALLY weird dreams.

agreed and I count that as a plus.

I've always struggled with insomnia and regular sleep patters (as well as being a restless sleeper).

I've been taking one pill a night for a week now, I can now fall asleep like clockwork. My sleep is now much deeper and it feels like 5 pound weights have been attached to all my limbs (so I'm much less likely to try getting up in the middle of the night).

The bonus being that I am not groggy or anything in the morning which is something I've had problems with prescription aids.

Its something I would like to use long term/daily but I want to do a considerable amount of reading first.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My "layman's understanding" of how it works is this hormone is automatically released when the body thinks it is time to sleep (lack of light detection I think?). So, taking this earlier than will get the body into sleep mode without requiring you lay in the dark for an hour trying to pass out. Corrections?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cal-Mag caps are great for sleep. You wake up feeling very refreshed. I always take one when there is a sleep debt to pay off.

iampeter

Reaction score
i think i have been taking for 1.5-2 years now i use it to force myself to sleep at 10:30pm to wake up at 5. take it 1hr before, so 930 i cannot say i have a more restful sleep but it removes the tossing and turning waiting for sleep to come. i do not take it on weekends i guess wierd dreams could be a symptom, but i always had weird dreams. i think lowered blood pressure is a indication that you are getting better rest/more rest
smile.gif

ChiliPalmer

Reaction score
agreed and I count that as a plus. I've always struggled with insomnia and regular sleep patters (as well as being a restless sleeper). I've been taking one pill a night for a week now, I can now fall asleep like clockwork. My sleep is now much deeper and it feels like 5 pound weights have been attached to all my limbs (so I'm much less likely to try getting up in the middle of the night). The bonus being that I am not groggy or anything in the morning which is something I've had problems with prescription aids. Its something I would like to use long term/daily but I want to do a considerable amount of reading first.
Originally Posted by iampeter
i think i have been taking for 1.5-2 years now i use it to force myself to sleep at 10:30pm to wake up at 5. take it 1hr before, so 930 i cannot say i have a more restful sleep but it removes the tossing and turning waiting for sleep to come. i do not take it on weekends i guess wierd dreams could be a symptom, but i always had weird dreams. i think lowered blood pressure is a indication that you are getting better rest/more rest
smile.gif

So how soon before going to bed do you take it? Are you using pills or sublinguals (dissolve under the tongue without swallowing)? What brand/amount (3mg)?

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it makes me feel really hungover in the morning, like i wake up and dont want to move or get out of bed

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been taking it occasionally for a couple years. I've settled on taking 5 mg about a half hour before I want to sleep, and only when I feel like I'm going to have trouble getting to sleep. It makes it significantly easier to fall asleep and seems to slightly increase sleep quality.

I haven't noticed any negative side effects. I almost never notice my dreams anyway, and that hasn't changed on the melatonin.

I usually stack it with valerian, which seems to calm me down a bit but doesn't do much for sleep quality.

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
So how soon before going to bed do you take it? Are you using pills or sublinguals (dissolve under the tongue without swallowing)? What brand/amount (3mg)?

I try for 2 hours. after the first hour I'm already eased to the point sleep is easy, at hour 2 its overcoming that I NEED to goto bed.

its just a basic pill, straight melatonin from walgreens... not sure the dose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics