MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

I have never seen JV at Urban Outfitters. Maybe Converse by JV? I think the regular label JV Made in Italy clothing is great quality. I wore a JV tuxedo at my wedding and it was really well made.

Must be Converse then. It is quite awful.

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

If you get anything in a pea coat other than authentic military issue, you're, well, less of a man.
    Somebody had to say it.

BTW, should we just have a consolidated Peacoat Thread? There seem to be a few that always end up talking about various options. Kind of silly to have multiple ones going.

3. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

YES

4. d-nice

d-nice Senior member

I decided to go with the JV one and I'm going to get it tomorrow when it goes on sale. I will post pictures of the fit later this week. Thanks for the help and comments guys!

5. Bostonian

Bostonian Well-Known Member

Got my Authentic 36XL in the mail today, but it turned out to be a big disappointment. None of the buttons line up correctly, and the right front is longer than the left. I'm going to email them tomorrow, hopefully it's going to be a relatively pain-free return.

Sizing down two (38" chest, coat size 36) didn't work out at all for me (everything is too tight), but that's a different matter entirely.

I don't know if the sizing down is entirely a different matter. If the jacket doesn't fit properly then it will pull (giving the impression that one side is longer) and the buttons won't line up.

6. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

I don't know if the sizing down is entirely a different matter. If the jacket doesn't fit properly then it will pull (giving the impression that one side is longer) and the buttons won't line up.
    I've measured the length between the buttons with the coat laid flat on a table, so sizing down is an entirely different matter. As a side note, I got a mail from sterlingwear asking me to ship it back for inspection and replacement. I'll post my experiences once the process is complete.

7. dron10

dron10 Active Member

I just got my coat today and I'm a bit disappointed. The quality of the coat is good, however, the sleeves are just a bit too short (I ordered the 34L). I'm going to return it and get a 34 XL as I need the extra inch in the sleeve. The chest was a good fit, the arms weren't too loose, and I found the arm holes - despite others complaints - to be in a good position (they weren't too high). EDIT: I took a picture so you could see what I was talking about. Do you think the sleeves are too short? [​IMG]

8. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

Some ordering advice:

Im about a 36 chest size, 5'7, 157 lbs. I want a slim look. Wont be layering much at all since it doesnt get that cold in CA. Should I go with a 34R ir 32R? Thanks.

9. [savage]

[savage] Well-Known Member

Yes. They should go down another 1.5" or so.

10. dron10

dron10 Active Member

I would go with the 34R Sriracha, I also have a 36 inch chest and its slim, but I can fit a sweater on underneath pretty easily. If you really want it to be tight get a 32R. Being that you live in California, I think you would be able to get away with a 32 since you likely won't need to layer.

11. Listi

Listi Senior member

I would go with the 34R Sriracha, I also have a 36 inch chest and its slim, but I can fit a sweater on underneath pretty easily. If you really want it to be tight get a 32R. Being that you live in California, I think you would be able to get away with a 32 since you likely won't need to layer.
    I have a 33" chest or so (I dunno, I measured between 33 and 34, and my tailor measured between 32 and 33) and wear a 32. I could have slimmed down to 30, but it's silly because I need to be able to wear a sweater, oxford, and vneck under it at the very least for when it's cold... And that's making the 32 almost bulge as is let alone a 30 lol Size down 1 for layer, 2 is probably okay for no layering.

12. Hollowthorn

Hollowthorn Senior member

I need sizing suggestions:
    1) 5'7
    2) Usual Suit Size: 38S ~18 inch shoulders
    3) 33-34 Chest
    4) California - So no need to layer

I am considering getting a 34S...but I'm afraid the shoulders will be too small. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

13. snake

snake Senior member

The 34S should work fine for you. I have a 34" chest ordered a 32R and it fits great on me.

14. Xyst

Xyst Active Member

What do y'all think, can I have this tailored to slim up the torso a little?

I'm 6'1, jacket size is between 40-42, waist is 34. I picked up the jacket in a 42L since the arm holes on the 40 were too tight, and the 42 regular sleeves were a bit short. I also went with the 100% wool instead of the 80/20 wool and nylon blend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Merged tons of peacoat threads here. If people want a separate place to put pics of their peacoats, the SF Gallery would be a much better place to do that.