1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. this_is_james

this_is_james Senior member

ok i just bought the pea coat. i guess i'll just tailor it if it proves to fit too loose.

2. ENT

ENT Senior member

I normally wear a 38 in a suit jacket and expected this peacoat to need to be sized down. I tried on a size small and was surprised to find it too tight. The fit seemed to be much trimmer than on a more traditional peacoat. I ended up ordering one in a size medium. By the way, there's a 30% off coupon code for Polo.com -- HOL2006.

3. this_is_james

I normally wear a 38 in a suit jacket and expected this peacoat to need to be sized down. I tried on a size small and was surprised to find it too tight. The fit seemed to be much trimmer than on a more traditional peacoat. I ended up ordering one in a size medium. By the way, there's a 30% off coupon code for Polo.com -- HOL2006.

really? nice! exactly what i wanted to hear. wait, it's the $400 one that i got not the purple label one. were you referring to the purple label one?

yeah i did use the coupon code, thanks.

4. ENT

ENT Senior member

Yeah, it was the regular Polo one, not Purple Label. I hope they work for us both.

5. andyl

andyl Well-Known Member

I ordered a medium too, if it doesn't fit I'll just exchange it for a small...

6. metkirk

metkirk Senior member

Will the peacoat in size small be loose for a 36 chest? Thanks [​IMG]

7. this_is_james

Will the peacoat in size small be loose for a 36 chest? Thanks [​IMG]

i think it will be fine.

8. mistawho

mistawho Active Member

I just noticed 2 new cigeratte burns on my NEW wool peacoat! they aren't TOOO bad but definately noticable if you stare at the coat. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

It just bothers me SOOO much! Its making me go crazy.. i want a new one already but it costed me SOO much money! Good thing its dark grey/black.

9. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

I'm so sorry . . . burns are often a lost cause. Sometimes fabric can be re-woven, or set into the burn, but that takes skill and patience. This once happened to my mother, dozens of years ago, at a sixties cocktail party. There was a crush; someone got too close. End of brocade cocktail dress.

10. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Stay away from smokers.

11. mistawho

mistawho Active Member

Thanks! atleast i can still wear my coat. Its really hard to notice.. but just bothers me.. THANKS alot guys.

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

ouch man! this is why you can never treat clothes like they're an 'investment' as you so often hear. Too many variables in life that will fuck your shit up thru no fault of your own

13. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

The language of the market has no place in real life, no matter what fapping capitalists tell you.

14. Babar

Babar Senior member

Just write it off as something that 'adds character'.

15. darrell

darrell Member

or try to return it and hope they don't notice... hah

16. Max

Max Senior member

Just say it's "distressed" and pretend you bought it that way.

17. aspriel

aspriel Senior member

The language of the market has no place in real life, no matter what fapping capitalists tell you.

Except when it does, like almost always.

18. alflauren

alflauren Senior member

I had this happen to a charcoal wool coat of mine. My fix wasn't perfect, but it helped lighten up the burn spots from black to charcoal.

Take a fabric brush and comb out the ash, if there's any left on the jacket. Then dab out the rest with some water or something, let it dry, and comb it again. Then if the coat is navy, charcoal, or lighter, take some dark women's powder makeup and use it to dust the burn spot. Apply and comb to match. Unorthodox, yes, but it mostly worked.

19. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

Just write it off as something that 'adds character'.
    exactly. If your peacoat is such that it can't have a burn or two, you are wearing it too poncey to begin with.

20. andyl

andyl Well-Known Member

I got the medium and it was too big for me. I'm exchanging it for a small.