• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Eried1

Reaction score
A very stylish peacoat from Calvin Klein recently caught my attention, but unfortunately there're some disappointing details. I suppose there's no possibility a tailor could neatly create a rear ****?

Peacoat

Reaction score
A very stylish peacoat from Calvin Klein recently caught my attention, but unfortunately there're some disappointing details. I suppose there's no possibility a tailor could neatly create a rear ****?
A seamstress or a tailor should have no difficulty making a **** for your peacoat. Take a screenshot of what you want and leave it with him/her so there will be an example of what you want.

Soharu

Reaction score
Is this peacoat too big? Each album has two photos.

36s felt way too tight in the chest and this is a 38s. I think just the shoulders are too big, but I am working out alot so maybe that will help.

I bought it to wear with a sweater though so when I was trying the 36s I could barely button it so I got the 38s. It's a navy issue coat.

I am 5"8, 170lbs. I plan on cutting down to 160lbs and then bulking back to 170-175 working out soon.

Last edited:

Soharu

Reaction score
@Soharu Get to your final form before investing in expensive clothes. Buying stuff that's tight now in anticipation of a future weight loss rarely works out.

I mean with working out, it's a series of cutting and bulking. I don't think you ever really hit a final form unless you decide to just maintain. You lose weight to look good and show the muscles, but you need to gain weight to increase muscle mass and size. I work out 3 days of the week and plan to most of my life hopefully as I have been for 2 years.

It was a 30$ peacoat though so not too expensive :p However I did get that 38s because it fits now and the 36s was too tight in the chest. I do think it might be a 1/4 too long in each shoulder but it's hard for me to tell because I think it looks okay in the mirror.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got the Real McCoys WWII version. Fits TTS with room for a chunky sweater. The 42 is ideal for my 6’2” frame. And, the wool is soft. The quality is

Peacoat

Reaction score
Let's hope this one fits!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/661044...ilitary-navy-blue-mens?show_sold_out_detail=1

@Peacoat - your Fedora Lounge forums/guide helped me confirm that this was in fact a 1966 version. Looks to be in terrific shape!
That one looks really nice. If you have an actual chest measurement of 42", you will have a trim fit. If you have a chest measurement of 40", you should have room for a sweater underneath. I have both size 40s and 42s for different temperatures.

katch

Reaction score
That one looks really nice. If you have an actual chest measurement of 42", you will have a trim fit. If you have a chest measurement of 40", you should have room for a sweater underneath. I have both size 40s and 42s for different temperatures.

Took a chance on this one. 42s are tough to come by. I'm scared I may be between sizes. Time will tell.

katch

Reaction score
Took a chance on this one. 42s are tough to come by. I'm scared I may be between sizes. Time will tell.

Got my coat. Not a mark on it. Perfect condition and fits great with a shaggy dog sweater! Thanks again @Peacoat

Peacoat

Reaction score
No no no. Any slimmer i wouldnt be able to move
I mean for a slimmer fit without a sweater. It isn't always cold enough to layer a sweater. Tomorrow the high here is forecast to be 26. I may layer a vest under a size 42 if I wear a peacoat. Today was 30 with sun. No need for a sweater or vest so I wore a size 40.

Soharu

Reaction score
I mean for a slimmer fit without a sweater. It isn't always cold enough to layer a sweater. Tomorrow the high here is forecast to be 26. I may layer a vest under a size 42 if I wear a peacoat. Today was 30 with sun. No need for a sweater or vest so I wore a size 40.

What did you think about the one I got? I posted pics up above. Only paid 30$

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads