1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Eried1

Eried1 Member

A very stylish peacoat from Calvin Klein recently caught my attention, but unfortunately there're some disappointing details. I suppose there's no possibility a tailor could neatly create a rear slit?

2. Peacoat

Peacoat Senior Member

A seamstress or a tailor should have no difficulty making a slit for your peacoat. Take a screenshot of what you want and leave it with him/her so there will be an example of what you want.

3. Soharu

Soharu New Member

Is this peacoat too big? Each album has two photos.

36s felt way too tight in the chest and this is a 38s. I think just the shoulders are too big, but I am working out alot so maybe that will help.

I bought it to wear with a sweater though so when I was trying the 36s I could barely button it so I got the 38s. It's a navy issue coat.

I am 5"8, 170lbs. I plan on cutting down to 160lbs and then bulking back to 170-175 working out soon.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 7:45 AM

4. Blake Stitched Blues

Blake Stitched Blues Senior Member

@Soharu Get to your final form before investing in expensive clothes. Buying stuff that's tight now in anticipation of a future weight loss rarely works out.

5. Soharu

Soharu New Member

I mean with working out, it's a series of cutting and bulking. I don't think you ever really hit a final form unless you decide to just maintain. You lose weight to look good and show the muscles, but you need to gain weight to increase muscle mass and size. I work out 3 days of the week and plan to most of my life hopefully as I have been for 2 years.

It was a 30$ peacoat though so not too expensive :p However I did get that 38s because it fits now and the 36s was too tight in the chest. I do think it might be a 1/4 too long in each shoulder but it's hard for me to tell because I think it looks okay in the mirror.

6. Gus

Gus Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Just got the Real McCoys WWII version. Fits TTS with room for a chunky sweater. The 42 is ideal for my 6’2” frame. And, the wool is soft. The quality is