1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Peacoat

Peacoat Senior Member

In my link below I discuss various aspects of dating the US Navy peacoat, which may or may not be of interest to you. Toward the end I have a section on fit, which should very much be of interest to you. Take a look and see if it is useful.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/thre...-dating-the-united-states-navy-peacoat.72058/

2. madmax90

madmax90 New Member

thanks I already read your guide, but the problem is, that I need the counter measurements from the sterlingwear peacoat. And the table on the website is very incomplete. My fear is tath it will be way to broad on the shoulders.

3. Peacoat

Peacoat Senior Member

Call Sterlingwear and ask the representative who answers the phone. I used to know her name but it has now escaped me. She is very helpful. Post back here if she isn't helpful. We need to keep on top of these things.

4. madmax90

madmax90 New Member

5. Captain Waffles

Captain Waffles Well-Known Member

@Peacoat

What are your thoughts on this one: https://www.crombie.co.uk/mens-coats/pure-wool-navy-peacoat-216.html

I have literally been looking high and low for a peacoat that carries the simplicity of the Crombie and it is exactly how I want a peacoat to look. But, I am wondering if you think the quality of this one justifies the price tag.

Also, does anyone know if these ever go on sale?

6. Peacoat

Peacoat Senior Member

I know little about the civilian peacoats, but I know that I would never pay 795 pounds for a peacoat, even if it had diamond buttons and golden threads.

7. DrizztD

DrizztD Well-Known Member

How is the quality of Mr. P coats offered by Mr Porter? Does anyone have experience?

IM considering one.