1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Katt

Katt Well-Known Member

Just bought this off of ebay. 1967 is what i get from the label, double stitching above sleeve hem. Corduroy pockets. Two tiny moth bites what i have seen, otherwise very good condition.

Size 36R.
    P2P 20 inch
    Shoulders 19 inch

My true chest is 38 inches, 155 LB, waist usually 29-30 in pants, or 36 suit pant size, the suit jackets i wear usually 38.

What do you think of the fit? I can still wear a thick sweater underneath, but then when i "hug" forward it is pretty tight in the back so i do not think i can go down to 34.
    I think i can slim it down through the waist though, and of course hem the sleeves, but i always have to do that.
    Length? Sleeve width? Chest?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sunstealer73

Sunstealer73 Senior member

3. JjasonL

JjasonL Senior member

imo, sleeves might be half an inch too long.. but other than that.. looks alright

1 person likes this.
  4. daytonamania

daytonamania Active Member

To all the guys who have a Billy Reid Pea Coat in MEDIUM or LARGE

Can someone please post the pit-to-pit measurements... about to pull the trigger but haven't got any useful measurements from the site or emailing them directly (their answer was...about 21 inches! I would like proper measurements) also all the research I have done says there's quite a bit of variation even within the size range.

Thanks in advance![​IMG]

5. MichaelKnight

MichaelKnight Well-Known Member

Wondering the same please!

Some decent sales on now, unfortunately few are carrying the navy and getting them to Canada eats up most of the savings.

6. WestwardDrift

WestwardDrift Active Member

Really? I found the measurements on Billy Reid website for the large to be reasonably close. My large charcoal peacoat (since sold - but I did keep the measurements) had a pit-to-pit of 21.5 inches. The shoulder was 18.5 inches, and the sleeve length from shoulder to cuff was 26.5 inches. So, slightly bigger in the chest, smaller in the shoulders, and longer in the sleeves, but all within around half-an-inch of what is on the website.

However, I do currently own a Billy Reid Faded Navy cotton peacoat, size large, and it is slightly looser fitting than one I had tried on a few months prior. So there can be noticeable variations.

7. daytonamania

Thanks for the reply, but I have also found the same measurements you gave for a size MEDIUM. If I lived near a store I would go and try it on, unfortunately I don't so have to rely on the interwebs for more info.

8. WestwardDrift

WestwardDrift Active Member

Due to the nature of the Billy Reid size tags, could it have been mismarked?

9. daytonamania

I'm unsure, but I just trawled through another forum and I think your coat might of been first runs, so sizing might have been a little different to the production runs they have now, Anyways thanks for the help. I'm definitely in-between sizes .. tough choices HAHA

10. MichaelKnight

I was looking at ordering one but can't afford for it to be an exchange/return being in Canada. I'm a 43" chest and 19" shoulder and 5'9", think I might be between M & L too.

11. daytonamania

It's a tough one!

12. Peacoat

Peacoat Senior member

I would shorten the sleeves and leave the rest alone. Looks good.

13. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior member

The Bay at Eaton Center (Toronto) was selling it for a while last year. It definitely fits a bit weird from what I can remember.

14. MichaelKnight

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check in there next time I'm no TO.

15. Archimedes

Archimedes Active Member

Yay or nay?

PS: not ideal lighting conditions, I know

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Peide01

Peide01 New Member

Hello this is my first post I ave been reading this thread for ours and need a little help from the experts:

I am trying to determine the size peacoat that will fit me the best. I will be ordering the authentic from Sterling wear. To tell you a little about my needs and about my measurements. I live in South Carolina so winters are not usually too harsh so I will not be wearing thicker sweaters as I am not a fan of them and would not be needed much with a warm coat such as the one I am looking to purchase.

Chest: 38
    Height: 5'9 (on a good day)
    Weight: 165-170
    Waist: 32 (wear 32x30 pants last 15 yrs)

My arms are definitely on the short end. Imagine t-rex arms.

So I guess my question after reading all these posts is to look at a coat in 38 or possibly 36. But should this be regular or a short.

Thanks in advance for the feedback, it is appreciated.

17. d810

d810 Member

I've gotten varying feedback on this, might as get more.

What is the best winter coat option for a short/average height, very skinny guy? (5'8", 110lbs) Would a pea coat be the best option, or a longer, full-length top coat? Something that goes to waist/length, or more thigh length? Duffels? Car coats? etc?

Also any brands that are particularly good on the extremely skinny side of things? Obviously in comparison to others - understand outerwear isn't supposed to be pinching your skin.

18. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

[​IMG]

TOJ

3 people like this.
  19. Josephpark

Josephpark New Member

I'm still on the hunt for a peacoat. 5'7 155lb here. Athleticly built. I've been looking at J.Crew's peacoats but reading online that the length would be way too long for somebody as short as I am. Does anybody have any recommendations? Looking to spend less than $150. Any websites / brands I can check out? Thanks

20. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

If any of you guys are looking for something totally different, peep my sig.