MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. gqcao

gqcao Senior member

i'm trying to order one and i'm stucked on the first step. this japanese website is really frustrating..is there anyway i can get around this? I really want this jacket pretty bad [​IMG]

2. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

I read somewhere that the quality of build and wool is absolute crap. Is this true? Who has one? Didn't both Sauce and Digital Denim rock them at some point?

3. Synrax

Synrax Senior member

i'm trying to order one and i'm stucked on the first step. this japanese website is really frustrating..is there anyway i can get around this? I really want this jacket pretty bad [​IMG]
    This was linked earlier in the thread: http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/super-...qo/index1.html Ordering was really straight forward if you follow those directions. Use the header at the top to move through the steps and have Google Translate open for reference. After placing the order, an auto email confirmation is sent. If you're out of Japan, they will follow up with another email giving you a shipping quote and they will wait for you to acknowledge the charges before shipping and billing you. It was very easy and shipped out fast. My order is in Chicago now and I hope to get it early next week.

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

The quality of the wool feels and looks fine to me. I haven't been able to wear it yet, but from trying it on and feeling it, it doesn't feel/look cheap or anything. You guys should check www.revolveclothing.com in depth. They have a ton of brands there and with their updated search function, you could probably sort by peacoats or at least jackets. I've seen a good amount of slim peacoats on that site too by different brands. There is a 15% Off coupon if you use the code "JT" and they do free returns/exchanges. It's an alternative to dealing with the hassle at least You could always go through a japanese proxy though. I'm not explaining it again search the thread for my info on proxies.

5. slipgun

slipgun Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that the quality of build and wool is absolute crap. Is this true? Who has one? Didn't both Sauce and Digital Denim rock them at some point?
    This was one reason I sold my admiral. The fabric looked fine but sort of bended like cardboard and the polyester lining wasn't the quietest to move around in.

6. wingnutsglory

wingnutsglory Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know someone who has a similar (possible identical) cheapish peacoat. The wool compressed/changed when it got wet and the lining was pretty noisy...
    That's kept me away from them.

7. presidentofvice

presidentofvice Active Member

the quality seems ok, not great. probably comparable to H&M or something. I don't expect it to last for years, but hey, this is a pretty inexpensive pea coat. I don't think it looks cheap though. i haven't experienced any lining noise. maybe the admiral has a different lining?

8. The_Mayor

The_Mayor Well-Known Member

I'm trying to order the black in medium. I followed the English instructions, but I keep getting an error message in red. It's in Japanese so I can't read it, and Google won't translate it.

Got any ideas?

9. gqcao

gqcao Senior member

I followed the instruction (http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/super-...qo/index2.html) but i'm stucked on the first step. Here is the print screen image from the website. I think the problem is circled below: [​IMG][/IMG] i want this coat really really bad,any ideas how to get this fixed or get around it??? thanks

10. tcalvin

tcalvin Member

Well it looks as though you do not have the Japanese font installed. You should not be seeing a bunch of question marks. You should be seeing Japanese writing which would make following the guide a whole lot easier. I followed through the same guide and did not have any problems. Hope that leads you in the right direction.

11. The_Mayor

GQcao, I think that's it. I can't install Japanese on my computer b/c I don't have the original Windows XP disc. Can anyone who's done this before just tell us which selection to click on that dropdown box? (like, "5th one from the top")

Thanks!

Couldn't they just have an English language site? Geez.

12. Lel

Lel Senior member

It's the absolute last one.

I went through the exact same thing you did. Just remember, the quality is nothing good. A few buttons have already fallen off and I hate the material.

On the upside I've resewn the buttons on myself and it's a fantastic fit and asthetic.

13. The_Mayor

Tried choosing the last and next to last option on the dropdown box... still getting the error message. (which I can't read!) Arrrghh!!!

This is really frustrating. [​IMG]

14. itskub

itskub Senior member

yeaaa..i think i went through this before. google japanese characters and install for windows. (I had to do this). the thing is, after successfully placing two orders, my credit card was never charged, and 6 weeks later my orders were cancelled. make sure that they ship to the US.

15. Lel

Lel Senior member

Tried choosing the last and next to last option on the dropdown box... still getting the error message. (which I can't read!) Arrrghh!!!

This is really frustrating. [​IMG]

Hmm damn, I suggest then getting on another computer.

All the computers at my college, for instance, had it installed.