• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

lsquare

Reaction score
I got a peacoat not too long ago and the fit is great except around the arm pit hole area. I'm not sure what the formal name is so this is how I'll describe it. Basically this area is a bit tight especially if I wear sweater with an undershirt. I'm just wondering if a tailor can possibly lower the position of the arm pit pull? If so, will this be an easy job to do or it's going to wreck the jacket and give it a very bad look?

paniky_robot

Reaction score
Hey all! new to this forum, but it looks promising!! I was just wondering if anyone has gotten a hold of the inapt tight fit jacket. I am about to purchase the medium size one but the chest width sounds huge! and they don't have a small. My chest width is 86cm compared to their 100cm medium. Is there sizing accurate? If so, where can I find smaller sized peacoats? Thanks in advance!!

apocalypse later

Reaction score
Are you serious? I've had a bunch of mishaps with the sizing on Inapt Pea Coats, but I got it figured out with my last one, here's what I'd go with:

If you're normally a small, get a medium.

If you're normally a medium, get a large.

If you're a large, don't bother.

paniky_robot

Reaction score
so apocalypse, since im a 86cm and they listed the medium being 100cm. Shud i still go for it? lol, i'm usually a small, but sometimes a extra small would be too big for me
in terms of jackets. So you've had experiences with inapt jackets? what size did you get if you don't mind me asking?

lsquare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
Sorry, I don't think you can make that area wider unless they've left extra fabric under the seams which is highly unlikely. The side seam (body) needs to be taken out as well as the inseams of the sleeves so the diameter will match. I don't think you'll get much extra width out of this operation at all.

Will going to a regular size help address that? I'm currently having a 36S peacoat. Maybe a 36R will help?

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider
Will going to a regular size help address that? I'm currently having a 36S peacoat. Maybe a 36R will help?

yes the formal name is the armhole.
if you would the bottom of the armhole to be deeper then yes it can be done. about 1/2" deeper is practical. to make the armhole wider,like berlin says cant be done.
the difference between short and regular is, just in the length at the bottom of the jacket and the bottom of the sleeves. the shoulders ,chest, and armhole is the same.

gmail

Reaction score
Originally Posted by paniky_robot
they don't have any in stock but they will be getting in a couple of weeks.

How do you know this for sure?

The_Mayor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gmail
How do you know this for sure?
Don't know about paniky_robot, but I emailed Rakuten over the summer and they said a new shipment would be in by Sept. Looks like they're still sold out right now.

Paniky, have you talked to them recently?

paniky_robot

Reaction score
I've only been assuming that they will get new shipments. I've emailed them, But no reply yet. Did they say new shipments in september for the inapt ones or p-coats in general because they got some new peacoats recently but they are NOYETs. I don't know if you guy will like them. http://item.rakuten.co.jp/super-rag/nt-26405-73/ It doesn't say how many % wool or whatever material it is that they used. I don't like this one as much because I think it's too short to be a peacoat and seems to be an excessive amount of creases when the buttons are done up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads