MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

Just got my first peacoat a few weeks ago, d&g cropped wool peacoat. Yay peacoat. [​IMG]

2. Glorysends

Glorysends Well-Known Member

Just got my first peacoat a few weeks ago, d&g cropped wool peacoat. Yay peacoat.

[​IMG]

Looks great!

3. achanna

achanna Member

capnpyro -- very nice peacoat you got there - from where did you get it and how much $$ ?

thanks

4. Glorysends

capnpyro -- very nice peacoat you got there - from where did you get it and how much $$ ?

thanks

curious also.

5. Jhero

Jhero New Member

Seems nice! Quick search online comes up with 700+ range

6. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

Seems nice! Quick search online comes up with 700+ range

Thanks all! That's about right, got it from a department store with a friends employee discount

7. Glorysends

Thanks all! That's about right, got it from a department store with a friends employee discount

Gotta love nice friends!!

8. louie_jack6

louie_jack6 Member

I just got my Authentic from Sterlingwear and it is wwwaaaayyyy to big. Do not trust their measurements at all. I asked them about the shoulder to shoulder and pit to pit, and they were 2 inches off on both. I'm 6'5 with shoes on, and the XL is almost to long. The sleeves are perfect however. I'm kinda pissed because I'm about to leave for home, and I'm gonna freeze my balls off now. Oh well. On a positive note, the construction is great and it is a beautiful coat. I'm gonna exchange for the next size down. It better now take a fucking lifetime to get my next one. Especially since they don't offer any free or discounted delivery for exchanges.

9. RLP

RLP Senior member

Gotta love nice friends!!

Yes sir!

10. Jhero

Jhero New Member

Just got a Jcrew small navy thinsulate and I love it's slimness! Only thing is that I'll have to get the sleeves elongated just a bit. Currently it falls right at my wrists

11. unmodern

unmodern Well-Known Member

This may be buried in the last 150+ pp., but I was wondering if anyone has noticed that Sterlingwear has at least two different production lines going on the same coats. I exchanged one black Navigator for another in a different size, and noticed the following differences:

---the first had the Made in USA tab hanging from the Sterlingwear tag, while the second had the size there and no Made in USA tab. (There's no chance this one's made abroad, is there?)

---the shell on the first was more matte and lofty, second slightly flatter and shinier, even though they are both supposedly 100% wool; the new one seems to attract dust more easily

--the first had a stiffer collar and was overall kind of stiffer, the second is a bit more floppy

--the first was a good 1" slimmer in the chest and waist than the second, and its stiffness also made it feel like a trimmer fit

--the first one was (I think) just a bit heavier overall than the second

I'm not sure which type I prefer. The first coat I got felt a bit more substantial, but I couldn't wear it over a tweed jacket like I can with this one (a plus for me). Has anyone else doing exchanging noticed this?

12. Robert

Robert Senior member

For what it's worth, I've been wearing my J. Crew thinsulate and it fits perfectly. Bought it in my usual size, no downsizing or tailoring.

13. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

J.Crew I bought fits wonderfully, returned the Sterlingwear for a full refund no problem whatsoever.

However, one button is already starting to come loose on the J.Crew, not that that's a big deal.

14. Vivek

Vivek Active Member

I'm looking for a cropped camel peacoat - does anyone know of any brands that have done one this season?

15. wrongturnsteve

wrongturnsteve Well-Known Member

when buying vintage mil issue peacoats, is it always best to go with measured chest size? is it the same with current mil issue?

shout out to Peacoat, your advice here and article on fedoralounge have been immensely helpful