MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. ciadd40

ciadd40 Well-Known Member

2. gmail

gmail Active Member

My peacoat finally came. What a trying ordeal. The post lady tracked down where she misdelivered it to. The inapt coat fits great and trim. perfect for a smaller person. I don't know about for a really short person, but if you're very skinny, i'd try to get one once they start making more in the fall (assuming they do).

What size did you get? Also what's your weight + height. Could you also provide measurements of the coat? [​IMG]

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I got size large but it's japanese sizing so it's really like a between small and medium fit. I'm about 6'0-6'1 and about 160lbs. Most of my tshirts and stuff are about a 19-19.75". I'm not at my place but the coat fits nicely. It's not too tight or anything but fits snug in a good way. I could still wear a sweater or hoodie i'd imagine but probably not a whole nother jacket (not that i'd want to, do people do this up north?). I'll probably be wearing it with a tshirt or two, henley(s) or a sweater. I'd imagine the pit to pit on it is between 19.5"-20" but i'll measure it tomorrow or something. The length on it is good well. The arms could possibly be shortened by half an inch and the epaulete button could be moved slightly to make it a bit flatter but that's just picking nits.

4. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

What about something from abercrombie or the Young Men's dept at Nordstrom or Bloomingdale's?

5. wagman45

wagman45 Member

so, i'm pretty much set on getting a sterlingwear authentic this winter, but seeing conflicting pictures of the color of the grey is making me a little iffy about it. i'd buy the black one, but i already have a schott in black. how accurate is their color selection picture?
    [​IMG]

6. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I'm not sure how accurate their color selection picture is, but my opinion is that any shade of grey will be more versatile than the red or burgundy.

7. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

If you do a forum search for Sterlingwear, you will find some pictures of the grey one being worn. It looks awesome. I just ordered a black peacoat though, because any coulours aside from black are a custom order and can take several weeks to arrive (I heard the waiting period now is around 40 days).

8. wagman45

wagman45 Member

indeed, yeah i saw a few of the pictures, like brian SD and i forgot the other person, and brian sd's look great, but the picture also looked a little dark so i couldn't tell how dark the grey would be in "real life." i'll probably just order it anyway. haha

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

indeed, yeah i saw a few of the pictures, like brian SD and i forgot the other person, and brian sd's look great, but the picture also looked a little dark so i couldn't tell how dark the grey would be in "real life." i'll probably just order it anyway. haha
    The grey in that photo you posted is pretty much true to life. My photo came out a little bit darker than how it actually looks in person.

10. Bungee Man

Bungee Man Senior member

I'd say mine is a tad darker compared to the picture in your post. I could take some pics if you want.

11. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

By the way, if you decide to go with the black one, they have them for 110$ at www.vtarmynavy.com . Shipping is reasonable too.

12. maaq

maaq Well-Known Member

Sorry to bring back this old thread, but I'm looking to buy the Viktor Rolf H&M pea coat from last year's collection. If anyone has an M or L and wouldn't mind letting it go, I'd be glad to take it off your hands. Thanks.

This is the coat I'm interested in

[​IMG]

13. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

Saw the new cloak peacoat at hollywood trading company this past weekend, definitel a nice piece. I think Scott over there is offering a little discount too, on brand new merchandise that's unheard of. It is gorgeous.

HTC on Beverly/Martel?

14. Babar

Babar Senior member

Sorry to bring back this old thread, but I'm looking to buy the Viktor Rolf H&M pea coat from last year's collection. If anyone has an M or L and wouldn't mind letting it go, I'd be glad to take it off your hands. Thanks. This is the coat I'm interested in [​IMG]
    The V&R peacoat was actually cut quite boxy, just fyi. If you have a slim frame, there are many better alternatives out there for the price (It retailed for around $200 which is well above the other H&M peacoats).

15. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

Honestly, I would just buy a sized down Sterlingwear. The price is right and it will last for the rest of your life, or at least until you get too old and fat to fit into it.