MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. iroh

iroh Senior member

nvm

2. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? When I go grocery shopping I usually bring a backpack (I don't drive) but now I got a peacoat and I find if I wear a backpack with it it would look weird. So far I have been getting by by putting my groceries in those bigger "green" grocery bags that are all the rage now. But I find those don't hold so much groceries and I would still have to carry them where if I had a backpack the load would be on my back. What can I do about this? How can I bring my groceries home?
    you really ask the weirdest questions. the most obvious answer is to GET A BIGGER BAG. if you dont like wearing a bp then find another bag to use. you dont have to use "green" bags dude. just cause you think there in style does not mean you have to follow. find a more practical bag [​IMG] but its just a thought.

3. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

4. EMY

EMY Senior member

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

When I go grocery shopping I usually bring a backpack (I don't drive) but now I got a peacoat and I find if I wear a backpack with it it would look weird. So far I have been getting by by putting my groceries in those bigger "green" grocery bags that are all the rage now. But I find those don't hold so much groceries and I would still have to carry them where if I had a backpack the load would be on my back. What can I do about this? How can I bring my groceries home?

steal the shopping cart!

5. bb714

bb714 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of any good tailors in the Boston area? I'm looking to get my Sterlingwear 34r slimmed down.

6. dunelly

dunelly Senior member

How many buttons does the sterlingwear peacoat have under the collar? In this pic of another peacoat (not sterlingwear) there are two, but I only have one on mine, is that right?

[​IMG]

what is this one?
    looks like this
    [​IMG]

7. Mariooo

Mariooo Senior member

got the Sterlingwear Authentic today in 38R

I went with my suit size..
    the fit in the shoulders, and chest area is perfect, and so is the sleeve & coat length..

here are my measurements:
    5'11''
    170 lbs
    chest 41
    waist 33
    normal/athletic build

8. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

Ebay has most everything, but I have not been able to find the metal buttons there. Several of us from another forum did an extensive search for them several years ago, without success. They may be on ebay now, though.

If you have a ten button coat--8 of them showing--then you may want to replace the buttons with the authentic plastic standard "anchor" buttons. They are widely available on ebay But if you want the metal ones, the link is below. I think you will want the silver oxide, but I'm not sure what you are trying to replace. There are a lot of selections. I believe you will want the 40 Ligne size, which is the 1" button, and is the size for the sliver buttons which were standard for a while in the 70s.

http://www.waterburybutton.com/cart/...dproduct=21309

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I've known about those buttons and came close to getting some online, the only possibly problem is I don't see that these buttons provide holes to sew through on the front face. In other words, the standard naval buttons have 4 holes on the front face of the button where you would sew through into the jacket creating a secure fit. These either don't have the holes or I'm not seeing them, but either way I plan on giving them a shot.

Thanks,

9. bombers

bombers Senior member

I believe the holes or slots are beneath the button and not visible.

10. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

I believe the holes or slots are beneath the button and not visible.

yep with metal buttons, usually you'll see a loop behind the button for threading.

11. wgbennett83

wgbennett83 Well-Known Member

the fit in the shoulders, and chest area is perfect, and so is the sleeve & coat length..

5'11''
    170 lbs
    chest 41
    waist 33
    normal/athletic build

How do you wear a size 38R suit when you have a 41 inch chest? My measurements are about the same and I wear a size 42R most of the time. Sometimes I can get away with a 40R depending on the sizing. What is the pit to pit measurement on you 38R Sterlingwear Authentic? I was thinking of ordering a 40R but wonder if I could get away with a 38? I guess I would need at least a 21 p2p since I have a 41 inch chest.

12. bombers

bombers Senior member

Depending on how you want it to fit. He probably sized down the way he did to get a super slim fit.

I just won a 1970 Pembroke 38R on Ebay last night. hopefully the length will be close to perfect at 6'0".

13. chris lewis

chris lewis Well-Known Member

5'11''
    170 lbs
    chest 41
    waist 33
    normal/athletic build

pics or it never happened

14. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

5'11''
    170 lbs
    chest 41
    waist 33
    normal/athletic build

Weird measurements. YOu are 12 stone and have a 38inch suit, and your chest is 41?
    So what fits one person wont fit another so its not worth asking how sterlingwears fit?

15. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

When I go grocery shopping I usually bring a backpack (I don't drive) but now I got a peacoat and I find if I wear a backpack with it it would look weird. So far I have been getting by by putting my groceries in those bigger "green" grocery bags that are all the rage now. But I find those don't hold so much groceries and I would still have to carry them where if I had a backpack the load would be on my back. What can I do about this? How can I bring my groceries home?

pay someone to deliver them.