MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Few sterlingwear Q's I was thinking about ordering 2 sizes and sending one to the tailor and returning the other. I am almost 6'2 and usually wear a 40-42 jacket. I was thinking about ordering both the 40L and the 42L but maybe I should go 38L, 40L? As for material, do I want wool or wool/nylon blend? You can go 100% wool with satin lining but I think I might prefer the fleece lining--does anyone have pics of the inside lining of the authentic and the navigator? Finally, any opinions on the navy and/or gray coats versus the black? I have a dark charcoal overcoat so I was thinking maybe go navy but would it be less versatile? (and you can only get black in 100% wool)
    Authentic: [​IMG] Navigator: [​IMG] I would order 36L and 38L! TyC

2. eseanyang

eseanyang Senior member

this is my sterlingwear classic peacoat, sized 36s, got it in early october. What do you guys think about the fit?
    [​IMG]

3. iroh

iroh Senior member

nvm

4. eseanyang

eseanyang Senior member

5. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

this is my sterlingwear classic peacoat, sized 36s, got it in early october. What do you guys think about the fit?

Looks nice and classic. The buttons go quite high dont they, and the lapels are quite high up as well it looks?
    Is that a US Navy authentic one?

6. eseanyang

eseanyang Senior member

not too sure actually, I bought it straight off the website

7. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

But it looks very fitted and shorter than i imagine sterling peacoats to look. But its all good. Buttons are nice and big as well.

8. bombers

bombers Senior member

What's the general sizing for Sterlingwear for a slim fit? size down 2 from your suit size?

9. eseanyang

eseanyang Senior member

lol thats cause i sized down and bought a small, which is shorter lengthwise than regular

10. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

lol thats cause i sized down and bought a small, which is shorter lengthwise than regular

But i think your one suits you better than this bearded dude. Is it the same?
    http://www.sterlingwear.com/cart/ind...&id=1&parent=1

11. PattyC

PattyC Senior member

My J.Crew peacoat came in today, I'm really satisfied with the fit. Will post pics soon.

12. metajew

metajew New Member

I ended up picking up a navy J. Crew Authentic peacoat in a size small at my local shop. It was listed at $275, then there was a $77 discount along with 25% which left me at $148.50 before sales tax. Not too bad. Oh, when I got home I discovered that it was the thinsulate model. (I suspected as much from the list price, but I didn't see the non-thinsulate model in the shop. And nothing bad about having a warmer coat.)

edit: Grad school keeps me overworked and underfed and means I don't get to go to the gym nearly as much as I like: 6' ~150 lbs

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

My J.Crew peacoat came in today, I'm really satisfied with the fit. Will post pics soon.

What size and your dimensions?

14. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

I ended up picking up a navy J. Crew Authentic peacoat in a size small at my local shop. It was listed at $275, then there was a $77 discount along with $25 which left me at $148.50 before sales tax. Not too bad. Oh, when I got home I discovered that it was the thinsulate model. (I suspected as much from the list price, but I didn't see the non-thinsulate model in the shop. And nothing bad about having a warmer coat.)

Looks good. I got the same one in black size small (5'11 and 155 lbs).

15. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Looking for a True Slim Navy Blue Peatcoat below $200. As a matter of fact even black or Charcoal will have to do. Any suggestions?