Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

you're 6'2" and a 42S is that long on you? I would expect an S length coat to be much shorter on someone who is 6'2"

regardless it looks good.
    but yeah, given the sizing if that is a 42s, someone overestimated their height . . .

2. Nogo

Nogo Active Member

Nogo where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuu?????? [​IMG]

I still haven't gotten it yet! [​IMG]

I'm starting to think it got lost in the mail somewhere... Sent it back last Monday for an exchange, but I don't have any shipping information from them so I have no clue whether or not they actually sent it or not. Stupid of me for not giving them any way to contact me arrgghh [​IMG]

3. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

you're 6'2" and a 42S is that long on you? I would expect an S length coat to be much shorter on someone who is 6'2"

regardless it looks good.
    but yeah, given the sizing if that is a 42s, someone overestimated their height . . .

lol men like overestimating their height just like women like underestimating their weight.

4. SeanathonHuff

SeanathonHuff Senior member

I have a very short torso, but huge/long head, neck, and legs. I'm 6' 2", without these boots, honest lol. Doesn't the door look a little small behind me? [​IMG] The length of this is on the site is 34". I think lengths increase fairly 1:1 with chest size, unlike most items, so I had to get 42S instead of 40R. EDIT: my 6' 3.75" tall friend and I had a conversation about not needing to wear 'tall' medium clothing items just a few days ago, its funny this has come up again. (I'm going to post another fit pic in this space later... haters thinkin' I be lyin' and shit, like this some motherfuckin' dating site. bitch I don't need no god damn dating site, I got mad hos. I'm like, 'yo gurl, wanna come over and play chu chu rocket while getting slizzurred off this ciroc?' [​IMG] )

5. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

I have a very short torso, but huge/long head, neck, and legs. I'm 6' 2", without these boots, honest lol. Doesn't the door look a little small behind me? [​IMG] The length of this is on the site is 34". I think lengths increase fairly 1:1 with chest size, unlike most items, so I had to get 42S instead of 40R. EDIT: my 6' 3.75" tall friend and I had a conversation about not needing to wear 'tall' medium clothing items just a few days ago, its funny this has come up again.

(I'm going to post another fit pic in this space later... haters thinkin' I be lyin' and shit, like this some motherfuckin' dating site. bitch I don't need no god damn dating site, I got mad hos. I'm like, 'yo gurl, wanna come over and play chu chu rocket while getting slizzurred off this ciroc?' [​IMG] )

.. your jeans w/ cuffs look funny w/ that peacoat. don't ask me why. i'm getting a weird vibe from that fit and i think its from the jean cuffs.
    [​IMG]

6. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

Hi all,

I was wondering what casual shoes one should wear with a peacoat? Would it be acceptable to wear black or grey peacoat/dark-colored shirt/ dark jeans/jack purcells?

Any other sneaker-ish type of shoes that would go with peacoats?

yes.

7. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

.. your jeans w/ cuffs look funny w/ that peacoat. don't ask me why. i'm getting a weird vibe from that fit and i think its from the jean cuffs.
    [​IMG]

So you're saying you shouldn't cuff your jeans with a peacoat? I don't see anything wrong with it.

8. colins

colins Senior member

.. your jeans w/ cuffs look funny w/ that peacoat. don't ask me why.

I think the cuffs are fine, especially since he's wearing boots. However, I do think the fit would look much better with a BD instead of the tshirt.

Since Sterlingwear is out of stock on the Navy 36R, I grabbed a vintage coat from www.vintagetrends.com. I'd recommend this store if ebay isn't working out.

9. MoxJr

MoxJr Active Member

[​IMG]

+1

10. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

some peeps over the toj thread says it's too big.
    here's some better pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. maritimetimetime

maritimetimetime Well-Known Member

What's your chest measurement? I'd like a similar fit to yours. Did you size down at all?

im normally a 34" chest size so yeah i sized down 1. im 5'6"ish if it helps too

12. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

some peeps over the toj thread says it's too big.
    here's some better pics.

The sleeves are huge.

13. entrero

entrero Senior member

^Yep, 1 size too big

14. riskyrukus

riskyrukus Well-Known Member

Newer pics of the W + H F/W 2010 peacoat
    [​IMG]

15. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Newer pics of the W + H F/W 2010 peacoat