MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. howboutit

howboutit Member

Looking for a slim peacoat...
    i'm 5'9, 34 chest, 27 waist 125 pounds.
    The 32r sterling seems like my best bet...like the price, and the vent seems like it'll hit the right place, probably better for my height. Just wondering is it really as boxy as everyone says? I just need room for a light sweater underneath.
    Also thinking about the jcrew xs...but I'm worried it'll be to long and wide, and it doesnt hvae a vent. might be swimming in it a little. I want a tight fit.
    Anyone?

2. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

1. meh

2. yes.

3. no

What does meh mean?

3. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

What does meh mean?
    meh. I'm indifferent to it, however, this is just my opinion and the only one that matters is how you feel they look. [​IMG]

4. mmmbillski

mmmbillski New Member

All your measurements matches mine except I have a 37" chest.. I ordered a 36S so we'll see how that fits.

Hey, I'm the same measurements as you except 1-2 inches taller. I was originally going for the 38R, but maybe the 36R would fit me better. Please please let us know how it fits when you get it, so I can make the right choice [​IMG]

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

The 32r sterling seems like my best bet...like the price, and the vent seems like it'll hit the right place, probably better for my height. Just wondering is it really as boxy as everyone says? I just need room for a light sweater underneath.
    Also thinking about the jcrew xs...but I'm worried it'll be to long and wide, and it doesnt hvae a vent. might be swimming in it a little. I want a tight fit.
    Anyone?

Yeah, it is a little boxy. The classic, anyways. Can't speak for the others.

6. JonathanHemlock

JonathanHemlock Well-Known Member

7. dave333

dave333 Senior member

Anyone?

New J. Crew Pea coat is excellent. I'm usually an XS in J. Crew but the S was more than slim enough, an XS would've been too tight. Slim, thick, and warm. Definitely very good.

8. dave333

dave333 Senior member

Both are nice. I like the more tapered fit on the second one (the blue one on the right).

What are they/how much/where to get?

The one on the right is JCrew I believe

9. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

10. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

meh. I'm indifferent to it, however, this is just my opinion and the only one that matters is how you feel they look. [​IMG]

Oh i see. But i think wooden buttons are a bit more of a feature.

11. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

F/S anyone interested in buying a navy french connection peacoat in medium from me? It is too large for me and has only been worn a handful of times so is in perfect condition.

It is a really elegant and stylish looking coat in my opinion. But im not sure what it is made of as the tag in the coat isnt clear even though the coat hasnt been washed because it hasnt been worn really. But it seems like wool to me.

But it is a good few years or so old.

12. colins

colins Senior member

New J. Crew Pea coat is excellent. I'm usually an XS in J. Crew but the S was more than slim enough, an XS would've been too tight. Slim, thick, and warm. Definitely very good.

Just wondering, where are they made?

13. dave333

dave333 Senior member

^Still probably China :/

14. Nogo

Nogo Active Member

Hey, I'm the same measurements as you except 1-2 inches taller. I was originally going for the 38R, but maybe the 36R would fit me better. Please please let us know how it fits when you get it, so I can make the right choice [​IMG]

I'm still waiting for it to come in. Should be another day or so and then I'll post fit pictures.

15. Robert

Robert Senior member

^Still probably China :/

Most J. Crew is made in China.

It is unfortunate that there don't seem to be many valid Made in USA choices for the average guy. By valid I mean stylish, good fit, and affordable. I know I can buy stuff here in town, especially MiUSA hemp clothing for reasonable prices, but the fit is awful, and the stuff is not durable.

I sometimes feel bad about buying stuff made in China but at the same time, I'm going to wear this stuff for a long time, it's going to basically hold up for a while, and it's what I can afford.