MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

Also, where can I get a legit grey Sterlinwear pea coat?

i'm going to hazard a guess and say Sterlingwear

2. baba booey

baba booey Senior member

I picked up the Schott 740N for around $119 shipped. Overral construction of the coat was good and did a good job of keeping me warm. However, the thing fit like a box. I am normally a 40R in jackets and picked up a 40 in the Schott. The arms were fine, chest and shoulders were HUGE. Re-sold the thing for what I paid on flebay.

3. nystyle86

nystyle86 Well-Known Member

Called Sterlingwear and ordered the "specification coat," it was $250. I have to wait 4 weeks for them to ship it because my size 34S was not in the inventory. I hope winter does not pass by the time I get it. [​IMG]

4. zipidy928

zipidy928 Senior member

Hello Fellas

My first post here. I really enjoyed reading about your inputs on pea coats [​IMG]

I want to purchase a navy pea coat but I am down to two choices. Can you guys help me decide?

http://i46.tinypic.com/35l93k7.jpg

The left one is by Fidelity ($112)
    The right one is by YMCL/Buzz Rickson ($238)

Thanks!

5. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got this coat as suggested by another forum member. It is made by Fidelity. It is very slim fit and is warm without too much bulk. Not bad for the $100.00 I paid.

6. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

looks a lil too tight for layering? can u fit anything else under it comfortably?

7. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

looks a lil too tight for layering? can u fit anything else under it comfortably?

It is tight, but i can layer a light sweater under it. I was going to send it back, but living here in Charlotte, NC, I do not need to have heavy layers very much. I usually just have a light sweater or shirt under it. If it is really cold I just use a scarf.

8. nystyle86

nystyle86 Well-Known Member

Hello Fellas
    I want to purchase a navy pea coat but I am down to two choices. Can you guys help me decide?

http://i46.tinypic.com/35l93k7.jpg
    The left one is by Fidelity ($112)
    The right one is by YMCL/Buzz Rickson ($238)Thanks!

I really like the way the coat on the right looks, better cut and has a sharper appearance. I don't know which one is better in quality though. If you're indifferent to how they look, then just get the Fidelity one since it's cheaper.

9. dcsenge

dcsenge Member

Some one please help me out here. I have posted this question before here with no reply. I have a 196X's Pembroke pea coat that I got in brand new condition with tags on it. It also still has the soldiers service number across the back and I would like to remove it. Please let me know if anyone knows how to get this off. THANKS Derek

10. basho

basho Well-Known Member

Called Sterlingwear and ordered the "specification coat," it was $250. I have to wait 4 weeks for them to ship it because my size 34S was not in the inventory. I hope winter does not pass by the time I get it. [​IMG]

I'm waiting for them to make a 34L, but oddly they didn't give me an ETA, just said to call back in a few weeks. I guess we have to wait until they make another batch for the military.

11. zipidy928

zipidy928 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got this coat as suggested by another forum member. It is made by Fidelity. It is very slim fit and is warm without too much bulk. Not bad for the $100.00 I paid.

Hi Mr.K,

May I ask where did you buy your Fidelity coat? How's the quality?

12. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

I picked up the Schott 740N for around $119 shipped. Overral construction of the coat was good and did a good job of keeping me warm. However, the thing fit like a box. I am normally a 40R in jackets and picked up a 40 in the Schott. The arms were fine, chest and shoulders were HUGE. Re-sold the thing for what I paid on flebay.

Schott does make a slim-fitting model. I'm selling one, check my sig. The thread also has the schott link so you can find the style number.

13. click here

click here Senior member

When wearing peacoats, are you not meant to button the bottom button?

14. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

I doubt it. In casual settings sure, but if i'm outdoors working or if it's cold out, that button is buttoned. Holler.

15. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

Pretty sure it was a requirement of the navy that the coats were fully buttoned. To not button the bottom button is just a carry over from suiting 'rules'.