• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Meeting Up with a Girl, Forgot What She Looks Like - Advice?

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As above, either be there first so she has to find you, or as you walk in to the bar, call her and say "hey I'm here, where are you? Talk me over to where you are." Then you can just keep talking and look for the girl talking on her phone in the area she leads you to.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
If you have her cell # can't you backtrace her by that?

way too much thought going on....
if OP trusts his friends(who co-signed), then no need to vet before he meets potential cyclops!

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
idk....i would find a way to facebook stalk her beforehand. thats what i always do.

if it were me -- and im still really young so this might not work for you if youre a bit older -- id get it out in a conversation casually somehow. off the top of my head i've done this with girls before

"oh yeah? where'd you go to school?"
"blah blah blah high school"
"oh really? i know lots of people from there. what's your last name?"

or anything stupid like that. it just gives you a reasonable excuse for wanting to know her last name -- maybe you actually know her or her friends already.

i don't think i'd just dive in without knowing what she looks like. could be a big waste of time.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Hey, I'm here! The one in the spread contrast collar shirt, half-windsor 7-fold tie, and unlined cashmere jacket with one sleeve button undone!

What's that? You suddenly got the flu? Okayy..."

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
walk in to the bar, call her and say "hey I'm here, where are you? Talk me over to where you are." Then you can just keep talking and look for the girl talking on her phone in the area she leads you to.
This. Done this before, worked out fine. Helps if the place you are meeting is crowded otherwise it might seem a little wierd. You could also try searching for her number, see if you can find her facebook profile etc.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
"Hey, I'm here! The one in the spread contrast collar shirt, half-windsor 7-fold tie, and unlined cashmere jacket with one sleeve button undone!

Well done.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
meet in smallish cafe, go early, take a magazine or something...when she comes up to you and says 'excuse me' say 'heeey, sorry, was in my own little world there'

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent

You forgot the brown double monks, but
worship.gif

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what happened? i'm guessing it went ok or he got cut up into little pieces

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
So what happened?

+1
I hope he is still alive.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alive and it was a success!

Instead of a bar, she switched it to a cafe/restaurant, which sort of sucked because I couldn't just chill with a drink (plus there was a line). I got there early, put my name down and went to browse a heath food store in the same plaza: the plan was to tell her to meet me in the health food store and I would be peeking through the shelves and pounce on the lone brunette that waltzed in!

She was lagging so I decided to check the cafe to see if they called my name. As soon as I got in the cafe she called! ****! I quickly spun around and I saw a girl in the parking lot with a phone to her ear. I waved with my phone and the connection was complete. Yeah!

And she was cute! My friends did not lead me astray. Although, she did not once call me by my name. This leads me to think she did not even know it (and was too embarrassed to ask). Whatever. I didn't know what she looked like so I guess we are even (I didn't mention that...)

Date went really well...hopefully there will be a round 2. Thanks for helping me out in my love-life Style Forum!
laugh.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ysc
This. Done this before, worked out fine. Helps if the place you are meeting is crowded otherwise it might seem a little wierd.

You could also try searching for her number, see if you can find her facebook profile etc.

Or you could locate her by triangulating he cell phone signal. She'll be impressed.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Or you could locate her by triangulating he cell phone signal. She'll be impressed.
Nothing says gratitude like a restraining order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads