1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meeting President Bush

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bradford, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I wouldn't worry about this. It is in any case almost inevitable. Not that I mean to bash Bush, only that he is a politician and politicians by nature dress boringly. Except Willie Brown.

2. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Senior member

I would presume the President would answer your question as he has previously indicated, which would be thus:"Conversion to a plan which will not self-bankrupt will be accomplished with difficulty, sweat, and belt-tightening by all of the American people. We could, however, avoid that unpleasantness and let our children sweat instead."

As the father of four who, putting political persuasion aside, has bothered to study this most important issue rather thoroughly, I would prefer the former to the latter.

Perhaps those who wish to respond might study the issue first rather than regurgitating the A.A.R.P. talking points?

3. Lord Foppington

Lord Foppington Active Member

Willie Brown wears Brioni, doesn't he?

Alex, I've seen these political debates escalate on forums dedicated to themes ranging from vintage guitars to exotic pets. Sorry to contribute to such a thing here.

I'm happy to say I believe we all want what each of us sincerely thinks is best, and (more importantly) want to look good doing it. And there's an end on it, for me.

4. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Not exclusively, but yes. He gets all his clothes at Wilkes Bashford in SF. I'm told some MTM (Brioni and Kiton) and some RTW.

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Aha, but I was making fun of his facial expression not his politics, it is a clothing forum after all and its how you look that is the topic of discussion, that includes facial expressions.

Jon.

6. Alexander Kabbaz

I quite agree. I am, however, tired of seeing the President's (any President's) outward appearance and speaking ability treated here in such a disdainful manner. Using the ruse of a clothing discussion as a backdoor to air disagreements with the present officeholder's politics is not to have a clothing discussion, but to invite political argument. And there's an end to it for me as well.

7. JAGMAJ

JAGMAJ Member

We probably should leave political discussions aside-- this forum may not have enough bandwidth for that. Getting back to the original question-- it is a great honor to be publicly seen with the President regardless of your political views, and surely, you want to look your best for posterity. I second the recommendation that you go with whatever looks best for you within the blue/gray spectrum. I'm not sure that I would go with a red tie, however, as it is a little too conformist. I'd probably pick a conservative tie of another color (e.g., blue or yellow) to be a little different.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Why not? He's not the bride or something?

9. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

Aren't there enough American flags around as it is?

10. misterbowles

misterbowles Senior member

(Lord Foppington) And there's an end on it, for me.
    And there's an end to it for me as well.
    * Wipes brow, relaxes * Phew...

11. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

Yes, I noticed all the gulags opening up around the United States. First they came for the Democrats and I did not speak out because I was not a Democrat. Then they came for those opposing Social Security reform and I did not speak out because I did not oppose Social Security reform...

At any rate I'd go with a navy blue suit. And give Dubya the thumbs up from us Canadian supporters.

12. Alexander Kabbaz

Shut .... up .... Kabbaz. [​IMG]

13. discostu004

discostu004 Senior member Affiliate Vendor

i met President Bush before he became president, and when we were at a rally my wife (who has known him since 1977 and was appointed by Gov. Bush to a post) asked if he would take a pic w/ me. he said sure, leaned over and said "can you still dunk like you could?" shocked me. i was wearing a light denim blue lorenzini, canali navy blazer and a canali irridescent rust tie. he approved

14. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

you could wear Oxxford, and see if it leads to a conversation topic.

15. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Only when O'Reilly talks dirty.

And congrats to you, Brad.

16. tdial

tdial Senior member

Please ask him about the wrinkle in the back of his suit that appeared during the first debate. To heck with his policies, this is the most important issue that's faced the SF since its inception.

17. dah328

dah328 Senior member

We're not quite there, yet, but here's my contribution: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I really gotta' find me one of those flag lapel pins.

18. Alexander Kabbaz

Thank you.
    Would you settle for an official N.Y.C. Apple? Rudy gave me a whole bag of 'em.

19. ernest

ernest Senior member

Cawboy boots and hat.

20. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

(Fabienne) Aren't there enough American flags around as it is?
    Shut .... up .... Kabbaz. Â [​IMG]
    Nice. Nice and sophisticated. As expected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.