• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Meermin vs. Magnanni

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a pair of double monk straps and have been captivated by these two Spanish brands. I have heard many good things about Meermin but have yet to hear about Magnanni. Any help?

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can't compare them to meermin but i can do a first hand between them & carmina.
i have a couple of single strap magnanni & one pair of single strap carmina mto.
frankly, i like the feel of the fit of the magnanni a little better.
i like the little quirks of the carmina mto just as much though.
they're essentially equal with magnanni having a very slight edge.

ever checked into bontoni ?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Magnannis are a great shoe as also think of trying Maurizi for dub monks.

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can't compare them to meermin but i can do a first hand between them & carmina.
i have a couple of single strap magnanni & one pair of single strap carmina mto.
frankly, i like the feel of the fit of the magnanni a little better.
i like the little quirks of the carmina mto just as much though.
they're essentially equal with magnanni having a very slight edge.

ever checked into bontoni ?
I know the magnanni have a more elongated and slim profile that has an Italian feel.

It is actually between these two right now.

#1 magnanni

#2 Meermin

table21

Reaction score
meermins are much nicer shoes. I own that top pair of magnanni's in black and i have the meermin's you posted there.

Last edited:

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
meermins are much nicer shoes. I own that top pair of magnanni's in black and i have the meermin's you posted there.

How did you get your meermin's? Only way i could think of is getting them online and shipped here to the States. And it would take about a month to get them!

table21

Reaction score
it took me a few days to get mine shipped to me. I wanted to try out some of there shoes so I just asked them what they had in stock at the time.

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You say you have both pairs right? I've tried the magnanni's on at nordstrom and i'm a size 8.5. There's no way i could try on the meermins.
Is there a difference in the sizing?

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ended up going with the Maganni's. They've done good for me so far.
Here are some pics of me in them:

Feed back welcome

kcox68

Reaction score
Nice shoes. I think the end decision between the two comes down mostly to which style you like best. I ordered the Meermins because I didn't like the elongated toe of the Magnanni when I saw it in person. Part of that is because I'm 5'6" and very long shoes don't really suit shorter people in my opinion.

Anyway, congrats on the shoes.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I ended up going with the Maganni's. They've done good for me so far. Here are some pics of me in them: Feed back welcome
Magnanni are an under appreciated shoe hereabouts ....as were all Spanish shoes at one stage.

asturiano

Reaction score
Magnanni: blake and bologna - Meermin: goodyear
Maganni: Italian looking shoe - Meermin: English looking shoe.

They are really nice patinas (Berlutti type) on last years collection from Magnanni. It is nice looking shoe but you must like their long lasts.

numberpro

Reaction score
For those gents who have experienced both Meermin and Magnanni, how does the construction compare? My guess would be that Meermin is better, but what do you guys think?
And if it is better, how much price premium would you pay? I am asking because lately Meermin has been plagued with QC problems, and was thinking of Magnanni as a viable
alternative. Thanks!

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those gents who have experienced both Meermin and Magnanni, how does the construction compare?  My guess would be that Meermin is better, but what do you guys think?
And if it is better, how much price premium would you pay?  I am asking because lately Meermin has been plagued with QC problems, and was thinking of Magnanni as a viable 
alternative.  Thanks!

Why would you say Meermin is better?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads