• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Meermin Shell Group MTO

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Olfe/Hiro 3 eyelet chukka in dark brown, double danite, flat welt.

Essentially this in dark brown shell:

How many have we got interested in something like this?

aglose

Reaction score
^I'm in. Are there lining color options as well? Just because, who wants a boot that doesn't look MTO.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Minor Update:

So far we have 3 - 5 people who are intersted in this makeup.

Dover - Burgundy - Danite soles - Storm Welt - tone on tone stitching - Olfe Last (another Last can be chosen)

inner linning - red or purple
Optional Soles - Double Leather soles or even Waterlock soles (not sure if that's an option, but that would be awesome).

We decided to exclude Norewegian welt, so the price is now approximately $410 shipped to the US. By the way, I think all MTO order comes standard with shoetrees.

Last edited:

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I'm in. Are there lining color options as well? Just because, who wants a boot that doesn't look MTO.

There are, and I'm easy. I'd prefer something muted, like purple/brown, but this isn't a deal breaker for me.

Dover makeup look's good, if I didn't already have a burgundy derby I'd go in for that.

aglose

Reaction score
I'd be in for purple, I love purple linings for some reason.

Last edited:

the_sartorialist

Reaction score
Does the entire order have to be in the same color? I'd be keen on a Dover in cigar/dark brown if possible? Would it be possible to do it unlined like the Alden ones?

the_sartorialist

Reaction score
And by the way, has it been identified where Meermin source their cordovan from, if not, Horween?

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I believe it's one colour only for Meermin MTO but happy to be corrected: as they paint the dye on anyway it seems, perhaps they should be more flexible. And no, it's not Horween shell, it's tanned but undyed shell from a tannery in Argentina called "Rocinante", which if you've read "Don Quixote" might explain the allegedly variable quality!

the_sartorialist

Reaction score

I believe it's one colour only for Meermin MTO but happy to be corrected: as they paint the dye on anyway it seems, perhaps they should be more flexible. And no, it's not Horween shell, it's tanned but undyed shell from a tannery in Argentina called "Rocinante", which if you've read "Don Quixote" might explain the allegedly variable quality!

Very helpful - thanks for this. Reminds me of the adage, 'you get what you pay for', though now that given what you've said, I feel like I should be inclined to stick to Horween's cordovan offerings either through Alden or Crockett & Jones by way of Ralph Lauren.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads