• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Meermin Shell Cordovan Boots Group MTO

Einride

Reaction score
Target is an shell cordovan boot, norvegese welted, to an affordable price. Preferably Balmoral.

I am planing to do the transsibirian railroad, and traveling in general, some time in the future and that is when I realized that I need some foot cover how is in the same time; robust enough for clearing some trees out of a street, elegant enough to be combined with blazer and shirt for a party or club, waterproof enough for long walks in the rain/snow, and finally stylish enough in order to be recognised wherever my path might lead me as a man of taste.

All of this for a price where I dont need to have a bad feeling when taking them into places where I need to care about myself and how reach my targets, and dont have the time/energy to do this for my boots to.

So my personal preferences would be:

- Meermin as a producer, since they offer the best Return on investment in the branch ATM IMO.

- Shell Cordovan since it offers the best durability, and still looks good even after intenisve and long usage.

- Norvegese welted to make the shoe waterproof (as possible) and make it even more durable and robust.

- Balmoral, since they are the most elegant, sophisticated boot around and, well to compensate for the norvegese welt...

- Color would be uni or two tone, I would favour black in order to make it as elegant as possible...

Has anybody here similar interestes ?

Here a picture of St.Crsipins altough no Balmoral...

Einride

Reaction score
This Price/Options list from Meermin is also pretty interesting altough I dont know how accurate/up to date it is...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads