1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin MTO Suede Adelaide --- Thread for those ordering.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by leetpuma, Mar 21, 2014.

1. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

We will but pepe needs to reply to us first.

I emailed him again about 2 days ago. I will try again if I have not heard back by monday.

The other mto I think has not heard back from pepe recently. They are just preparing for the MTO to get the info out ASAP.

2. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Oh and another thing about rushing to order.

The park last looks nice. But nothing has been said "officially" about how it fits with respect to the current last sets.
    • Is it similar to an Hiro or Olfe or New Ray?
    • Is it less tapered in the toe box than X last?
    • Is it low instep? <- Crucial to allowing the shoe to not have heal slip for many folks
    • etc.

So since their are many people in this MTO looking at Park, being misinformed before the order maybe disastrous. I will try to get more answers.

But if enough of you just want to go ahead with the order I am willing to grab all the info like the other MTO and set things up. I just think it would be good to wait for a time till more concrete info makes it out.

3. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

I have sent Pepe another Email. Lets hope he replies now. His responce times have been getting even more slow than usual :(

OPEN SPOILER TO SEE EMAIL:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  4. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Pepe he just replied to me saying that he would get back to me about things.

Hopefully with more info about the park for us :)

5. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Pepe's Reply:

Quote: The park last is made from scratch, is not another version of one of our current lasts. The fitting is similar to the Olfe last, instead is a bit higher.

2) Would it be possible to source higher quality suede for this MTO like: Janus Butt calfskin? This sude looks to be much thicker with tighter fibers than normal Janus Calfskin.

Janus butt skin is a thick suede with a short nap, not suitable for producing dress shoes, more suitable for unlined moccasins or casual shoes. We did used it years a go to produce more casual shoes. Apart from that, at the moment we are not able to source it at the moment, for elevate minimum quantities and delivery times.

GENERAL QUESTIONS:
    1) For the belt I have 4-5 folks asking for them. They seem to be sizes 32in, 34in, 34in, 39in
    For the moment, with the skins we have available we are not able to offer you matching belts. Sorry for the inconveniences. If I receive a new batch of hides and there is a skin suitable for it I’ll let you know.
    2) What will be the additional cost of the suede belt?
    The price for a 35mm Copper suede belt would be 60€(VAT incl.) with solid brass buckles.
    3) What tannery is the LM copper suede sourced from?
    Currently we prefer to not share where we are sourcing the copper reverse calf, since it is very difficult to source this kind of leather nowadays. I am sorry about that, but what I can tell you it is produced by a very respected & renowed italian tannery.

General Results:
    - We are going with copper suede.
    - Park and olfe are the same size.
    - Belt's I am still confused by. Ill take sizes and ill let pepe decide if he is charing you for them.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  6. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Ok so everyone that I think sent me an email now has gotten an request for this MTO.

If you have not PM me ASAP.

(For those belt people I think you have to assume you are not getting a belt. If you say you would like a belt, if the hides show up in the next few months Pepe may add it to your order at that time.)

7. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

This MTO will be ending soon (24-36 hours) so please make sure you have your emails in. (I have gotten 7-8 orders atm so to MTO is a go.)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  8. drama

drama New Member

My order was updated - it will be shipped within 20 days!

9. JARB

JARB Active Member

Mine too, delivery within 20 days and the belt was added to the order now :)

10. coppersuede

coppersuede New Member

Mine has not been updated yet, will post when it does.

Now I really regret not taking the belt as well! Will probably email and ask them if I can add it to my order, if they have any spare suede.

11. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

My paypal purchase invoice also said:
    "20 day"
    Order completion date.

I believe meermin has been transitionion order systems and stuff.
    But that could be partially the cause of it...

Either way most(read all that i have seen) MTO's take 12 weeks-ish
    So at the moment I expect this to still take a longer. But if it turns out to be true I will be pleasanly supprized :) .

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  12. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Senior member

Really? Usually it takes months for them to get a MTO order in. Leetpuma -- have you gotten any construction photos yet?

13. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Nope, Nor have I gotten any new news from the Pepe.

That is why I am of the opinion that the ordering system is likely just on the fritz.

Expect the order to still be a while.

14. drama

drama New Member

Have anyone heard anything from Meermin/Pepe? According to my calendar those 20 days have passed for some time now.

15. Eddielch

Eddielch Well-Known Member

5 days ago, i have other issue contacted pepe and below is how he replied me. However, according to meermin normal practice, i assume 2 weeks equal a month.

Hi Mr. Lam,

We expect to ship the MTO group in the coming two weeks.

16. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior member

No update on my order status on the Meermin website, so you "20 days" people are lucky I guess.

17. monkeymajik

monkeymajik Member

18. SidewinderX

That would be great -- I'm really hoping that they ship out before Spain goes on vacation for all of August.

19. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

What, the whole country can't shut down for a month?

20. SidewinderX

Have you had to work with Europeans before? Most people take 3-4 weeks of vacation in the summer, usually in late July/August timeframe. I'm not sure what Meermin's schedule is, but I suspect they're no different.