• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. I ordered my normal 8uk/9us size and they fit with inserts. I prefer to wear inserts so I'm very happy that they run large for me. If I were to order not intending to wear inserts then I'd go 7.5uk/8.5us. For CXL, I'd consider ordering 7uk/8us because of my experience with CXL on another pair not made by Meermin.
Kind of off subject, but can you share what insert you use? I ask because I have a pair of shoes made with CXL, that are somewhere between 1/2 to full size to big for me. Just wondering if a good insert would take up the extra space.

iva80

Reaction score
I am still trying to break in my Rui shoes.
Now the right foot is great ( the one which was small), but the left one which was initially good is killing my heel.

I have a lot of pain in the heel after I wore the shoes for a day.
I am thinking to give up, simply not worthed. I am afraid It don't damage my heel bones and ligaments.

Mihai B.

Reaction score
Any advice regarding the issue from the right shoe? I have no idea why's so damaged and what can I do to fix it.
The surface is not smooth as the left one and it leaves the impression that the coating is gone.
It gets darker when I apply renovateur / Sapphir cream. Been used them around 7 months.

Thanks for the support.

DSC_0826.JPG
DSC_0832.JPG
DSC_0838.JPG
DSC_0839.JPG

mux8

Reaction score
Any advice regarding the issue from the right shoe? I have no idea why's so damaged and what can I do to fix it.
The surface is not smooth as the left one and it leaves the impression that the coating is gone.
It gets darker when I apply renovateur / Sapphir cream. Been used them around 7 months.

Thanks for the support.

That doesn't look good. Now have you tried to apply Sapphir colored cream? I'd try to see if that works. If not it may need a bit of acetone, and then renovateur followed by color cream. Hopefully others can chime in.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to exchange a MTO? I received chukka suede and the shoe is a much darker brown than the picture. If an exchange is not possible is there a chance they will lighten over time?

Quesjac

Reaction score
That doesn't look good. Now have you tried to apply Sapphir colored cream? I'd try to see if that works. If not it may need a bit of acetone, and then renovateur followed by color cream. Hopefully others can chime in.
Would suggest against applying solvents, you'll strip off what is left of the original colour. Did you ever polish these (with wax polish)? Both shoes look unpolished to me and it looks like the original colour has been rubbed off one. If so, would suggest using wax polish in the correct colour to slowly build up layers of pigment.

If that's no use, then as @mux8 says, you might need to strip the colour completely, but do both shoes at the same time (or find a professional) otherwise it will be a real pain getting them to match again.

Mihai B.

Reaction score
Would suggest against applying solvents, you'll strip off what is left of the original colour. Did you ever polish these (with wax polish)? Both shoes look unpolished to me and it looks like the original colour has been rubbed off one. If so, would suggest using wax polish in the correct colour to slowly build up layers of pigment.

If that's no use, then as @mux8 says, you might need to strip the colour completely, but do both shoes at the same time (or find a professional) otherwise it will be a real pain getting them to match again.

I've applied pigmented cream and the cap toe looks much better now. Thanks for your answers.
meermin 2.jpg

Skelnik

Reaction score
Hi all I'm looking to get https://meermin.com/in_en/10148710170000he-17-101487-dark-brown-calf-e-marron.html

The dark brown CALF looks almost black in the images. Does anyone have pictures of the boot in the sun? Does the color age and patina well?

I have owned a pair of these before and the color is lighter than appears in their photos. I feel it is more of a milk chocolate color. I didn't really notice any patina, but it does soften up a bit over time and seems to break in nicely.

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
Noticed this description on a pair of dark suede oxfords. Can anyone speak to the integrity of meermin's suede vs the winter elements?

GumbyFan

Reaction score
Received notice today that my MTO shell service boots have finally shipped. Looking forward to getting them in hand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads