• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coffandcig

Reaction score
Thanks for the update and hope you get your shoes soon! I would be grateful to hear from any of the lucky ones who have received their shoes.
I would size down .5 from your normal size in Meermin unless you wear inserts. I might actually go down a full size with CXL stretching so much and the HOK last being more roomy than all of their other lasts.

jlkpjlkp

Reaction score
I would size down .5 from your normal size in Meermin unless you wear inserts. I might actually go down a full size with CXL stretching so much and the HOK last being more roomy than all of their other lasts.
Thank you for this. You ordered your cordovan boots half a size down and it fit fine? Could I ask which last and size you normally wear for Meermins?

Coffandcig

Reaction score
Thank you for this. You ordered your cordovan boots half a size down and it fit fine? Could I ask which last and size you normally wear for Meermins?
No. I ordered my normal 8uk/9us size and they fit with inserts. I prefer to wear inserts so I'm very happy that they run large for me. If I were to order not intending to wear inserts then I'd go 7.5uk/8.5us. For CXL, I'd consider ordering 7uk/8us because of my experience with CXL on another pair not made by Meermin.

Coffandcig

Reaction score
Emailed Meermin with my displeasure and had an apology and a promise they would be sent next week..(HOK cordovan).
I like Meermin but I'm done with them. I don't like the Chinese labor and the experience of y'all waiting for boots that I ordered after you but received them a couple weeks ago is absurd. BDS China.

Sfroide3

Reaction score
I like Meermin but I'm done with them. I don't like the Chinese labor and the experience of y'all waiting for boots that I ordered after you but received them a couple weeks ago is absurd. BDS China.

It is China's fault because Meermin doesn't know how to communicate, handle stock and provide an acceptable customer service ?

Skelnik

Reaction score
It is China's fault because Meermin doesn't know how to communicate, handle stock and provide an acceptable customer service ?

I think he is referring to 2 separate issues. The communication, planning, customer service shortcomings and the quality issues that come from the Chinese labor.

I think they do themselves a major disservice by refusing to improve their customer service and communication. I think most of us understand there will be times when things are behind schedule or don't go as expected, but they really need to learn that simply communicating that to their customers would go a long way. I understand that the price point for the quality is is hard to beat, but how much would it really take to get an intern or nephew or someone to proactively communicate to the customers about delays and accurate delivery expectations?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Gentlemen...

In the interests of full disclosure I got a tracking code sent late last night to my phone...

I didn’t know what it was for as it didn’t say from whom the package originated. I get lots of parcels...

I was off work today so was home anyway..

It’s only the bloody boots!! I was told yesterday morning they’d be sent next week due to a production delay..

First Meermin purchase. Agree with above sentiments that customer service isn’t up to scratch but upon initial impressions the boots are. The cordovan colour is a rich egg plant and the quality of fit and finish is top notch. It states Linea Maestro on the inner sock so I suspect these are made to higher standards.

I am wearing with a medium thick wool sock and I think they are true to size, I’d not like to size down as I wear these type of socks over dress socks. These boots would easily be suitable for a far more formal attire, extremely sleek.

I’ve been critical of customer service and weirdly I never received a dispatch email but for the price paid and materials of this boot for me the wait was worth it.

Attachments

• 01177DF3-96CE-4F4B-9191-C823C631B4F7.jpeg
    01177DF3-96CE-4F4B-9191-C823C631B4F7.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 316
  • 1B79A474-7D70-41C2-A37C-0C6B3C1FFC3E.jpeg
    1B79A474-7D70-41C2-A37C-0C6B3C1FFC3E.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 323
  • B96A7F8D-B245-4FB6-9C89-8B92F3DCFE79.jpeg
    B96A7F8D-B245-4FB6-9C89-8B92F3DCFE79.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 354
  • 55112B3C-A4F0-459B-A21A-5DE9FC15F161.jpeg
    55112B3C-A4F0-459B-A21A-5DE9FC15F161.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 415

Skelnik

Reaction score
Gentlemen...

In the interests of full disclosure I got a tracking code sent late last night to my phone...

I didn’t know what it was for as it didn’t say from whom the package originated. I get lots of parcels...

It’s only the bloody boots!! I was told yesterday morning they’d be sent next week due to a production delay..

First Meermin purchase. Agree with above sentiments that customer service isn’t up to scratch but upon initial impressions the boots are. The cordovan colour is a rich egg plant and the quality of fit and finish is top notch. It states Linea Maestro on the inner sock so I suspect these are made to higher standards.

I am wearing with a medium thick wool sock and I think they are true to size, I’d not like to size down as I wear these type of socks over dress socks. These boots would easily be suitable for a far more formal attire, extremely sleek.

I’ve been critical of customer service and weirdly I never received a dispatch email but for the price paid and materials of this boot for me the wait was worth it.

I’m so glad for you. They look stunning and worth the wait. They are beautiful! Hopefully mine will look just as nice. I don’t mind waiting if the quality is as good as yours. Congrats!

jlkpjlkp

Reaction score
Gentlemen...

Congratulations, those are some really good looking shoes!

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Great boots.

I guess a lot of people need more confirmation on sizing.
Is Hok roomier in the toe box than Rui?
I can’t compare as these are my first Meermin. They look a lot longer in pictures than they are and I’d not say they are wide fitting but they fit me perfectly! The cordovan leather is leagues above Italian Comipel, seems soft rather than stiff which for me is a godsend as they don’t need broken in. The boots are super light as well...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads